Thread: Excalibur Axiom SMF

Excalibur Axiom SMF

looks like the Excalibur Axiom SMF fits my needs as a back yard target shooter and also for some "light" crossbow deer hunting.

so what are the archer opinions on the Axiom x-bow, and where would you recommend i purchase one from?

thanks again
    SS
    *30-06 180g h4350*

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Excalibur Axiom SMF

Quote Originally Posted by SimilkameenSlayer View Post
    looks like the Excalibur Axiom SMF fits my needs as a back yard target shooter and also for some "light" crossbow deer hunting.

so what are the archer opinions on the Axiom x-bow, and where would you recommend i purchase one from?

thanks again
    SS
    Try hard core archery in kelowna, they are great guys to deal with! Thats where i bought my excalibur ibex 2 years ago and hopefully where i will be getting a bow come this spring Good luck SS-
    Hogan

thanks Hogan! all the best with you next bow purchase.

hardcore it is.
    *30-06 180g h4350*

Thumbs up Re: Excalibur Axiom SMF

HiYa SS,

Welcome to Excalibur! You might want to check in on their own Forum for reviews and answers to any questions you may have: http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/index.php

Good bunch of Folks, friendly and more than willing to help.

Got my Ibex a tad over a year ago now, and LOVE it! Took two whitetails over in Region 8 during the late archery hunt. DEADLY tool! Great to get back to the pointy sticks again! Something I thought would never happen due to shoulder injuries, but thanks to Excalibur, I am now FIRMLY Back In The Game!!

Enjoy your latest Toy!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 02-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I have an Excal Exocet. All Excaliburs are terrific bows and deadly accurate. My only suggestion is to consider getting one of Excal's package deals. Comes with arrows, scope and other stuff you would buy eventually anyway but at a discounted price. You will love the bow and it will take any deer you can get close to.

thanks Nog

i appreciate the information and encouragement.

well, guess what?
    looks like i'm purchasing the phoenix lite package instead of axiom, so i'm a little excited about that!

spring bear here i come!

SS
    Last edited by SimilkameenSlayer; 02-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    *30-06 180g h4350*

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintop View Post
    I have an Excal Exocet. All Excaliburs are terrific bows and deadly accurate. My only suggestion is to consider getting one of Excal's package deals. Comes with arrows, scope and other stuff you would buy eventually anyway but at a discounted price. You will love the bow and it will take any deer you can get close to.
    awesome!

getting the phoenix lite package.
    *30-06 180g h4350*

stitch Guest

I bought the Aixom last fall. came as a package and it was a great deal. it shot 305fps and was pretty quiet. It was my first bow but my buddy paid twice as much for his and not a lot of difference except a little faster.

What is the difference between the Phoenix and the Axiom? They seem like the same Bow, what am I missing, both have...14.5" power stroke, 305 fps, 175lb draw weight, Is there to many Excal choices? I have the Exocet 200, but any of these bows will kill equally well, given a proper arrow range.

If I recall correctly the Axiom has a composite shooting rail and a couple nice but not critical extras left off. It is a bit less money for the kit. The Phoenix shooting rail is made of aluminum like the Exocet and the Phoenix also has the little extra items. Otherwise I think they are the same bow.

SS, one more piece of advice, when target shooting don't use the same target point for your second shot. If you do your part Excal's often hit the same hole and arrows can get expensive.