Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bow hunting near Langley

Re: Bow hunting near Langley

My understanding is the Township is much larger area than the City.
    Spera in Deo

Quote Originally Posted by Speratus View Post
    My understanding is the Township is much larger area than the City.
    The City is the downtown core from 62nd ave to 44th ave and 196th st to 210th st. the rest is the Municipality (township)

Quote Originally Posted by G.A. View Post
    Id like to see the info sayin bows are exempt from hunting regs for distances from roads or other
    Page 13 of the Regs has most of the information regarding the difference between no hunting and no shooting areas. I was incorrect previously as they prescribe a "No Hunting Area" as unlawful do discharge firearm or bow 100m from buildings. No Shooting Areas are open to the use of bows and they generally apply to the road restrictions. The regs do not have municipal restrictions however and those have to be checked on specifically for the area you are hunting. As previously indicated this can be a challenge when you have "Langley City" "Langley Township" and "Langley Municipality" or whatever it is

Also The FV Special Area Hunting Map only states that:

Some cities and municipalities include bows in their definition of “firearms”. Also, some local governments include discharge of firearms using single projectiles in their bylaws. Please refer to spedific bylaws at Clerk’s Department.

The Township of Langley has much more Hunting opportunity than the City - I doubt I'd hunt within the City. And According to the Township Bylaw posted above, Bows are NOT prohibited.

Find some Farms & get permission, or find some public land within the Township, carry your bent stick and you're legal as long as you have your FVSA Hunting Permit and follow the rules on the FVSA map.
    Spera in Deo

Quote Originally Posted by Abashai View Post
    Page 13 of the Regs has most of the information regarding the difference between no hunting and no shooting areas. I was incorrect previously as they prescribe a "No Hunting Area" as unlawful do discharge firearm or bow 100m from buildings. No Shooting Areas are open to the use of bows and they generally apply to the road restrictions. The regs do not have municipal restrictions however and those have to be checked on specifically for the area you are hunting. As previously indicated this can be a challenge when you have "Langley City" "Langley Township" and "Langley Municipality" or whatever it is

thx, read that. didnt think id seen anything saying bows dont have distance restrictions.

My core instructor told me you can bowhunt in surrey or abby but not Langley.When I started looking at regs trying to find where it states this and couldent,other than the fraser valley map.But I met a guy that bow hunts in Langley north side of hwy1 hes said nothing saying you cant,he hunts private land though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck TraX View Post
    My core instructor told me you can bowhunt in surrey or abby but not Langley.When I started looking at regs trying to find where it states this and couldent,other than the fraser valley map.But I met a guy that bow hunts in Langley north side of hwy1 hes said nothing saying you cant,he hunts private land though.
    Interesting. I am moving to acrage on the north side of Hwy 1 in aldergrove (Langley township) I'll be looking into this moore as I plan on setting up targets and having a home practice range

Why not just hop 276th and start knocking on doors of farmers? Langley bylaws hold no water east of 276th.
    Last edited by Red arch; 10-21-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    "Animal rights" activists believe that animals have rights similar to those found in the charter of rights. I have yet to see a pack of wolves be targeted by such activists for taking down their dinner by the ankles.

too many deer with arrows being shot by co in langley ,this put a stoop to the hunting .

Quote Originally Posted by itsy bitsy xj View Post
    Interesting. I am moving to acrage on the north side of Hwy 1 in aldergrove (Langley township) I'll be looking into this moore as I plan on setting up targets and having a home practice range
    I've almost hit three nice bucks at the top of 264th as it heads down the hill to the river. On my BIKE!! Just standing on the road right at dusk.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!