Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow hunting near Langley

Bow hunting near Langley

Looking for some help interpreting the regs here. I've pretty much talked myself into getting a crossbow so I can hunt near home. As I read it, as long as I have a FV Special license, maintain the legal distance from roads and buildings, have permission from the landowner, and of course mind my backstop I should be able to bow hunt deer in the agricultural lands out here in season. Did I overlook anything?

Got pretty excited about it though, to be honest. Went out scouting today and saw 6 does. I figure my time is better spent hunting than driving even if its not the most serene of areas.

Any tips or help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bow hunting near Langley

Look up the thread about the new bow bylaw in coquitlam, and how it came about. Not trying to be a dick but depending on where you plan to hunt it may not be a great idea.

Yeah, definitely not a good idea in Coquitlam! Bummer about that. Didn't see anything that would apply to the ag areas of Langley.

Hunting in the Township of Langley is only permitted if protecting crops as per the bylaws. Bow hunting is not allowed as the bylaw (which I could not find in my files) basically reads you can only shot at a none living target. I have deer in my neighbourhood and they seem to know their safe.
    For every person with a spark of genius............. there are a hundred with ignition trouble!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Arrow View Post
    Hunting in the Township of Langley is only permitted if protecting crops as per the bylaws. Bow hunting is not allowed as the bylaw (which I could not find in my files) basically reads you can only shot at a none living target. I have deer in my neighbourhood and they seem to know their safe.
    what he said is right

Aargh! No wonder why there was no mention of deer in the regs! Thanks guys, guess I'll have to scout a bit further

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Arrow View Post
    Thats to bad,my brother inlaw used to live right across from the drive-in an would see a few cranker blacktails in his and his neighbors yard daily.i personally only ever got to see his pics and ya they were definatly good bucks,3 different 4x4s and 1 3x4 all with good mass and this was only a cpl years ago.i went down for a weekend to protect the apple trees from these murading deer but they must have got the e-mail i sent him confirming i was comming,they didnt show up all weekend.
    they would also be in the nursery next door to his place raiding the trees over there.maybe someone could become employed by the nursery to protact thier crops.lol
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

Bow Walker Guest

A person has to be absolutely positive about the bylaws, the regs, and the area in question before going out and hunting.

As is always said - "Ignorance of the law is no excuse".

^ Agreed! Thats why Im starting now for the fall season!

Last year was my first year hunting and I got skunked. I think my main problem was not enough time hunting. Going to "good" areas that I didn't know and spending a bunch of time to get to. I only had a total of 8 days to spend hunting last season and after driving and scouting the areas it didn't leave much time for actual hunting, just a lot of walking. So I figure I need to find a spot thats close enough to scout thoroughly this year so once the season opens I know exactly where I'm going and why. Again, any tips appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by andrewscag; 01-27-2012 at 12:01 PM.

I phoned the township of langley and asked a few questions, like most should do......

the fella in charge of bylaws (i forget his name) said there is no hunting in langley , no discharge of bow or gun.

unless your protecting crops......

called the co's and they told me you need to get a permit to remove a pest animal.....he mentioned "good luck with that"
    member of the Kingfisher rod and gun club.