Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast

Thread: BIG BUCK thread must be shot in bc

Thumbs up Re: BIG BUCK thread must be shot in bc

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    This morning's whitetail buck.I was sneaking into a location to try some rattling.Fresh snow made for quiet walking.I never made it to where I wanted to do my calling and found this guy sleeping in his bed.
    I have passed up a few bucks this season,some bigger than this one.I just liked the way everything came down so I shot him in his bed.
    The Buck:

Cheers & Congrats!!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: BIG BUCK thread must be shot in bc

Got this one Nov 22,2021

This is Mr. Studly

We had a brief moment. The picture of him is burnt in my brain. His antlers in my scribble are turned up more than he was in real life.

It was close to camp and I was working a timber stand I've never hunted. Picking my way through the burnt timber, I kept my eyes on the ravines that ran parallel to me.

I thought I had a good view of the ravine. But up pops a doe heading up the mountain only 75ish yards away. There was a ridge between myself and her. Where there's one deer, there's more...

Observing hunter safety, I popped up with the binos and watched her. All of a sudden Mr. Studly came up right behind her.

"There you are" was my first thought. They were headed up the hill to my left. They had disappeared to what had seemed to be thin air. I should have been able to see them head up the mountain, but maybe they stopped where I couldn't see.

I thought maybe they kept their same bearing , I gum booted it up the hill trying to cut them off or catch them out in the open. I never did see Mr. Studly again... spent all day trying to find him again.

The wind was ripping and unusally warm for November 30th. I went all over the area, but was lucky to see glimpses of the basketball sized asses of deer taking off through the timber. At least I know he's survived the rut, with plenty of big fat does, new feed growth and very little pressure... if spring isn't brutal, we should have some nice deer kicking around. Partially thanks to Mr. Studly.

This counts right?

Warn - that is far and away the best buck on here. Thanks. Keeps us going knowing a good one made it and is out there for next year..... Unless it gets arrowed, which is less than likely.

Arrow Re: BIG BUCK thread must be shot in bc

A rather unusual mulie taken here in BC by a fellow who wishes to remain anonymous:

The base on the longer antler is damn near the diameter of a beer can.

The blue object below the short antler is a firmly embedded broadhead that he has been packing for at least a couple years now.

Being Euro mounted, so will post another pix once that has been accomplished...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    A rather unusual mulie taken here in BC by a fellow who wishes to remain anonymous:

The blue object below the short antler is a firmly embedded broadhead that he has been packing for at least a couple years now.

Cheers,
    Nog
    If that buck could talk....I am sure he would have a hell of a story!

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    This counts right?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

Cheers,
    Nog

So was that shot in a 4 point season???

Looks like a 3 point to me.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    So was that shot in a 4 point season???

Looks like a 3 point to me.
    All though very odd, I suspect it would be a 4 pt.
    The bucks left side has what looks like 2 main beams, and tines off of them for a total of 5, imo.
    The first 2 might be considered brow tines on its left.

Cool 5x3 mulie.
    Makes the 4 rule easy.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA