Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A final day for ducks this time around.

Re: A final day for ducks this time around.

Tony must be the water on the island or something, but all you islanders want an extended season to shoot "nicer" plummaged birds???
    All you guys shoot are hens???? So you want to shoot nicer brown ducks instead of plain brown ducks??

hahahhahahah
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Tony must be the water on the island or something, but all you islanders want an extended season to shoot "nicer" plummaged birds???
    All you guys shoot are hens???? So you want to shoot nicer brown ducks instead of plain brown ducks??

hahahhahahah
    good point!!~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Colour blindness is one of the evils us Islanders have to put up with!!
    Although it's sometimes a pleasant surprise to discover we've actually
    harvested a DRAKE!! Veryyyyyy cheeky Adam!
    Cheers----Field Marshal.

They all taste the same in the pot!

And I know you know that
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

The way I look at it is its 6 of 1 and 1/2 a dozen of another. No matter when you open and close the season, we as avid waterfowlers will notice birds being around. Goose season closes at the end of November and we have fields filling up with cacklers and lesser, so should we try to get the season opened at that time too. Theres going to be Octobers where there are tons of birds around and Januarys where there are tons of birds around but to go along with that theres times during the whole season when there are no birds around, its just part of the game. You could close the season for two week any time during our whole season and anyone that hunts waterfowl would be pissed about the amount of birds that were around during that closed time. I also believe that waterfowl are birds of habit, and hunting pressure at new times of the season would make them change what they do, so lets say the season dates are moved to be later, after a couple of years of hunting later into january would we be worried about how many duck there are early in the season when its closed? I come from a family who has big traditions in hunting Thanksgiving long weekend and know a lot of guys in my area that would be pissed to not be hunting on that weekend. I will agree these next couple of week we will see more nice looking birds but that just the nature of the beast. Thats the kinda stuff that makes us want more for the next season and my dad has always said "there's always next season".

Or maybe between the current duck season, remove all tuesdays and wednesdays... and all of those saved days (equals to be 30) you could add on to after Jan. 20... still following the no hunting on tuesday/wednesday rule.

That would make take this past season from October 8th --> March 2nd! And still equals 105 days. I'd be down with that!

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    Or maybe between the current duck season, remove all tuesdays and wednesdays... and all of those saved days (equals to be 30) you could add on to after Jan. 20... still following the no hunting on tuesday/wednesday rule.

That would make take this past season from October 8th --> March 2nd! And still equals 105 days. I'd be down with that!
    Better yet, close it Sat and Sun, I'd be down with that! K

Awwwweeee, now that's just plain selfish!!

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Yup! The sprig was mine! James was pissed he didn't see it coming.
    Sad day today!! It's my opinion our season opens too early and closes too soon!! I'm going to take it upon myself to try and rectify the situation???
    With the help of all you serious waterfowlers in Regions 1 and 2, we can accomplish this????? More on this in the future! Hope everybody enjoyed
    their duck season and maybe made some new friends? I know I did!!
    Cheers---Field Marshal.
    I would support a latter season but I for one wouldn't want to loose the Thanksgiving weekend it has been a tradition in my family for as long as I remember, my last hunt with my Da was on that weekend. Perhaps a split like with geese?
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Better yet, close it Sat and Sun, I'd be down with that! K

AGREED!! hahaha

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.