Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A final day for ducks this time around.

A final day for ducks this time around.

Duck season seamed gone before it even started so I had to get out for the last day.
    Kyle, James, Field Marshal, and I headed out to the bay for the last day of Duck Season. We were teased by a few birds and some even came in close enough for me to shoot. It was my first shoot at the bay and it was different than some of our other spots. The birds were coming from every direction and had lots of choices as we were not alone on this closing day. Ended up with a pile of birds to pluck and another great day water fowling!
    Thanks guys for the laughs and good times today. Now it's time to clean up the gear and get ready for February goose season.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A final day for ducks this time around.

Good shoot guys. Nice work Duff
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

wow you cleaned up we are going to have to put in for LEH for ducks now after this hahahah

Look at that boss sprig! Surely you werent in on that one Tony?

No shame in gunning for the drake you know. hahaha
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

great way to close out the season

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Yup! The sprig was mine! James was pissed he didn't see it coming.
    Sad day today!! It's my opinion our season opens too early and closes too soon!! I'm going to take it upon myself to try and rectify the situation???
    With the help of all you serious waterfowlers in Regions 1 and 2, we can accomplish this????? More on this in the future! Hope everybody enjoyed
    their duck season and maybe made some new friends? I know I did!!
    Cheers---Field Marshal.

Great way to end it folks!!! As you know i would definitely support a later opening to go later into the season and trade shots at lice infested locals for more time at these beauty full plummage mature *******s!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

"We were teased by a few birds and some even came in close enough for me to shoot" Ahem... it don't look like "some" or a "few"

Well done gents...that's a corker of a sprig Tony!!!

an adjustment in dates would make it much more interesting for sure...Some more full plumage birds is always a bonus.
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Yup! The sprig was mine! James was pissed he didn't see it coming.
    Sad day today!! It's my opinion our season opens too early and closes too soon!! I'm going to take it upon myself to try and rectify the situation???
    With the help of all you serious waterfowlers in Regions 1 and 2, we can accomplish this????? More on this in the future! Hope everybody enjoyed
    their duck season and maybe made some new friends? I know I did!!
    Cheers---Field Marshal.
    I'm with you, Sat. morning up at the regular time but nowhere to go and nothing to shoot, I'm depressed.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.