Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New species?

Re: New species?

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    ...I am aware FN can have them without the need for a permit, is there any logical reason that govt officials wouldn't give you a permit? Perhaps they need the money raised by selling an eagle carcass to fund conservation or enforcement projects?
    Do you know why the Indians can have them without a permit? Do they have to pay for them so that the money can go to conservation or enforcement projects?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Well its already fried,go to your local KFC and grab some gravy and fries and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Do you know why the Indians can have them without a permit? Do they have to pay for them so that the money can go to conservation or enforcement projects?
    Yes, they can have them because having them is a part of native history and culture and them having them is protected by the Canadian constitution. Somewhere along the line whitey (your terminology) dominated government decided that native culture needed protection from anti native forces. It was no longer legal for different levels of government to pass laws or acts that would make native cultural activities illegal.

Why would our government officials not give you a permit for an eagle carcass? Do you know, or is the only answer you can come up with is our government officials are racist?

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Well its already fried,go to your local KFC and grab some gravy and fries and you're good to go.
    There used to be a camp with lots of Metis guys up north where we hunted moose in august. One of the guys would always bring turkey wings and cook them up in a bbq sauce, he would always offer you some 'eagle' wings when you stopped to visit. One day a fellow stopped to visit at our camp and he asked if we had ever visited that native camp down the road and if we had partaken of his 'eagle' wings? He was amazed that they had so many...and how good they tasted...we had a good laugh because he actually thought he was eating eagle wings!

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    ...Why would our government officials not give you a permit for an eagle carcass? Do you know, or is the only answer you can come up with is our government officials are racist?
    I am only quoting the above posts made by Wild one and Tanya. I have no clue why us white folk can't keep them with a permit, but if we can't and the Indians can I would see that as being wrong.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

i would have left it in the snow,let the natives find there own.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    I am only quoting the above posts made by Wild one and Tanya. I have no clue why us white folk can't keep them with a permit, but if we can't and the Indians can I would see that as being wrong.
    So would I, we have to keep in mind who is putting most of these rules and laws upon us....it's not the FN. And it's likely not the COs either. We should keep that in mind I think.

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    i would have left it in the snow,let the natives find there own.
    X2. Birds do die in the wild. Just like every other living thing.
    I wouldn't waste the CO's time just to benefit someone else. It would rot or some other wild animal would get to eat it if I found it.