Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first band, good morning in the valley

Re: My first band, good morning in the valley

Means you are 1 lucky SOB...lol Seriously they band the ducks to keep records of migration longevity etc you send in the info off the band and they can gather "all" the info and will let you know "all" about your bird.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Still kicking myself for not checking my birds when I picked them up with you this morning.
    Might had been mine I threw into our pile! Rats! But good on you and congratulations again. Ill be looking at duck legs for the rest of my life!
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by FirePower View Post
    Means you are 1 lucky SOB...lol Seriously they band the ducks to keep records of migration longevity etc you send in the info off the band and they can gather "all" the info and will let you know "all" about your bird.
    Thanks for the info

Great shooting, boys! Congrats on the bling, Open-sights.

so did you send the band info in, and what did they tell you, i am not a duck hunter eather,, what she said,, just wounder, does it tell you where the duck came from, or who taged it,,, thanks,,

Quote Originally Posted by ncurrie View Post
    what does it mean when you get a duck with a ban, sorry don't know much about duck hunting?
    Hiya Ncurrie, the band was on a released bird from the US somewhere, on the band there is an id # and a phone number to call. I called and answered 20 questions or so, where the bird was harvested, how I attained it, what type of bird, overall condition, etc as well as my information so they can send me a certificate - name, phone number, e-mail addy, etc. I have hunted with guys in Nebraska and in the mid west that had many many band they put on thier call lanyards, I have started the same thing, hope to see more in years to come.
    "We solemly promise never to let down on quality, the customer is entitled to a square deal!"
    Markus 'Fred' Leupold

http://www.reportband.gov/RECFORM.CFM

Put the numbers in and give us the details!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by open-sights View Post
    Hiya Ncurrie, the band was on a released bird from the US somewhere, on the band there is an id # and a phone number to call. I called and answered 20 questions or so, where the bird was harvested, how I attained it, what type of bird, overall condition, etc as well as my information so they can send me a certificate - name, phone number, e-mail addy, etc. I have hunted with guys in Nebraska and in the mid west that had many many band they put on thier call lanyards, I have started the same thing, hope to see more in years to come.
    Wow that is pretty cool, thanks! I use to go duck hunting with my dad when he guided up at douglas lake, I don't remember any of them being banded, as it was mine and my sisters job to pluck them all, but I was pretty young then. It is something I would like to get into though, I love working with my dogs and love the taste of roast duck!
    Cheers!

Congrats on the band! I think tomorrow morning I will be starring at their feet!

Congrats guys, on a fine shoot and your first band.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.