Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FINALLY... i bought some new decoys

FINALLY... i bought some new decoys

so i finally got permission to take the plunge and purchase some nice decoys, It is whats called a GHG fullbody Mallard Harvester Pack... thats a mouthful, well i picked them up yesterday and i am very impressed to say the least, the "harvester pack" came with 12 decoys with a ratio of 6 hens and 6 drakes, it came with 4 styles with an even ratio of hens for drakes so do the math yourself. it came with 4 Actives, 4 Feeding 2 Resting and 2 sleeping.
    it also came with 2 types of stands, stakes to stab into soil or mud and ring stands for ice or frozen ground.
    the only problem i had was a dent in the sleeper hen, but magically and surprisingly a good thing for me the dent just folded out! the decoys can flex to take abuse. All the paint came perfectly and the heads fit on perfect too.

I cant wait to use them in my secret spot next weekend! hehe
    Some Pics: (i took the last two)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: FINALLY... i bought some new decoys

I have the same set. Plus a few, Great little spread. You can get flocked heads for the drake feeders and sentrys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

If u need help breaking them in let me know. They look great

GOod choice... I don't think I'll ever use any other decoys other than ghg, have their duck decoys and a few dozen fully flocked goose decoys

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Only complaint I have with ours is after a season or two, a hen or two the paint has turned colour. Not brown anymore, has a reddish/pinkish colouring to it now. Owell, we'll buy 3-4 dozen more in the offseason to add to the others plus some pinnies. I only buy GHG duck decoys, wont touch the geese, but thats another story.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 01-10-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I have the same set. Plus a few, Great little spread. You can get flocked heads for the drake feeders and sentrys.
    how does the paint stand up? do i need to baby them or can they take a lil abuse? until i need to i will baby them anyways

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Me too, 5 years and going strong....

Beat on em! I mean i bag them in their bag, but i dont treat them any different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

good to know before i have a big paint chip and its too late.

I've got 6 Doz of the GHG full body Canadas, 4 Doz of the Oversize Mallard floaters, 18 Full Body Mallards and 2 Doz Oversize Canada shells and I've had no problems with GHG decoys. The paint on the earlier FB Canadas left a bit to be desired but all the others have been very good but by the time the geese see the paint chips it's kinda over! If I had CF's money I'd probably have DSD's but I don't so I had to settle with GHG. Enjoy them, I'm sure yer gonna really like them. K