Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collapsible Meat Saw

Re: Collapsible Meat Saw

Thanks guys, I'll be doing some research on your suggestions.

I also have little use for a saw when cutting up an animal in the bush. A small folding knife will do everything just fine with the gutless method. That being said I do carry a small saw in my pack, all I've used it for is cutting the skull plate out, and a few times for cutting wood for a fire. It's a a Bahco Laplander (got it from MEC), it cuts well, is very light, and best of all it's orange, so it's harder to lose!
    "The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

I have one of these with the bone blade and wood blade good reviews on this saw and the Sawvivor model they also sell.http://www.trailblazerproducts.com/products/view/21/
    Made in Canada
    Last edited by Buck; 01-07-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Riverratz View Post
    Wyoming Saw II
    X2 Wyoming Saw [get the longer one].....with both a wood and bone blades.....bet buy tried and true.

dI have the Coghlans folding saw. It's been amazing. I got it at 3-Vets years ago. It's an aluminum handle...very strong and light and came with the wood blade which just rips thru wood. I bought a bone blade for it last year at Wholesale and it's great too. It's a little quircky to set up but very strong. I would highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverratz View Post
    Wyoming Saw II
    X2 Wyoming make a small one which I carry in the mountains and a little larger on with a hip belt that I use for hunting when not having to pack it more than 5 miles. Both are super saws.

Quote Originally Posted by tuchodi View Post
    X2 Wyoming make a small one which I carry in the mountains and a little larger on with a hip belt that I use for hunting when not having to pack it more than 5 miles. Both are super saws.
    I've had one for more than 20 years. Used it to cut sheep, elk moose, deer and wood.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by deer nut View Post
    My Gerber combo has served me well for 10 years. It's light, easy to take apart & clean and you can buy new blades for $8 at Wholesale Sports. Saved my butt when I got lost last year too - used the wood blade to make a nifty "SurvivorMan" shelter!
    X 2 on the Gerber saw. Comes with a bone and a wood blade - both of which are indispensable.

x3 on the gerber
    I had spent many nights in the jungle looking for game,but this was the first time I had ever spent the night looking for a man eater.
    THE CHAMPAWAT MANEATER
    JIM CORBETT

I've got the original Wyoming Saw (#1 I guess). After trying out both on various animals I deliberately bought the original over the 2 due to the size.

The Wyoming saw 2 is a little longer. I find the smaller, original one easier to pack and use on an animal. I think the 2 is better for cutting wood. Personal preference - as they are both good.