Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing my new buddy Trigger

Re: Introducing my new buddy Trigger

Here's a pic from last weeks run up Mt Work......Never mind, I can't attach pics anymore. Dunno why.
    Took him out for a good hike yesterday, tossed my sunglasses case in one side of his pack, and his leash in the other....and the zipper on the pack broke!
    I'll see if I can get it warrantied today, but if not, does anyone have a recommendation for a better quality dog pack than outward hound?
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

when your pup is full grown, get a roughwear pack. they're excellent.
    i went through several packs before finally spending the money on a good one. i didn't realize how crappy the other ones were until i got the ruff wear one!
    http://www.ruffwear.com/dog_packs

Its all about how they are raised. I have a Pitty and he is the best dog i have ever had in all regards. The thing with strong breeds is that you have to discipline them differently, cant use force. But seriously best Dog ever. He hikes, hunts, plays with kids and my wife is safe with him around.

Great link Kayte, thanks! I managed to get the pack exchanged for another of the same model, different colour, and
    it survived an empty journey up mt finlayson on Wednesday afternoon, which is more than I can say for me. Less beer and smoke may be a good idea.
    Last edited by Squamch; 06-23-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Well, life got pretty rough for the little guy...

This is his left knee.

He was limping occasionally on his left hind, and then flat out stopped using it one day and went to three wheeling. Into the vet, and it turned out he had a "luxating patella" which means his kneecap was sliding sideways, and all the tendons were getting stretched out. So a $4500 surgery later, he's a bionic dog.

and three months to the day after that surgery, ol' big head slipped his collar while I was working on a truck, and took himself for a run, and injured the other knee. So, he missed out on hiking for the whole hunting season this year, and is on the slow recovery program, plus I had this canine torture device built for him by a local guy.

I think his thoughts on it are pretty obvious.

So, our pack dog dreams are pretty much done. But he's a hell of a good cuddler, and an excellent visual theft deterrent for my trucks. As to the cats...one of them moved out, along with my ex, this summer. The one that stayed, was the one who decided to ignore him. She's still on the same program. He's never exhibited any aggression that wasn't warranted. If a dog tries to push him around, he doesn't take it, but he isn't a dominant prick like some males. He's pretty good about keeping nothing's out of the yard, once or twice a week he wakes up and needs to go outside and growl at the yard, just to keep the nothings in line.
    He did spend a lot of time hunting with me last year, with his raincoat on he's pretty good in any weather, as long as we keep moving. Due to his mobility issues, this year he was a truck hunting dog, but he gets just as excited as everyone else when the truck stops and you grab a gun.

Well, last night I had to say goodbye.

Trig was a great dog. He loved hunting and camping and hiking. He would hike for 12 hours, or spend that 12 hours curled up on the couch. He was there for me when I went through some of the hardest days of my life. He spent a ton of time in the backseat of different trucks, on jobsites, out hunting, wheeling, or just cruising and exploring. He was the most loving and gentle dog we could have asked for with our son. He never bothered our cats, and was a fantastic breed ambassador. The house feels weird without him. Waking up and not having to step over him while he got 5 more minutes this morning sucked. He changed a lot of people's minds about pitbulls. My mum was pissed when we got him, and has held him up as a fantastic example of a well behaved and well trained dog for years. We're going to miss him.

A beautiful dog, I hate losing friends, sorry for your loss.

One of the reasons the Pitbull breed gets its bad name as a vicious breed is that when they do decide to bite they cause a massive amount of damage. Not a breed I'd pick but each to their own!

That top pic of Trig and the baby says it all. Very sorry for your loss

Condolences, sorry for your loss

He sure is a handsome dog, looks like he lived a great life with a lot of adventures, memories to last a lifetime
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster