Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moose calls

Re: Moose calls

ya have to get a vid on it- get down the "here moosey moosies", "come to me"...

oh boy this one's going down hill!
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA

The Buck Expert one works like a hot damm. The key to any call, is to generate the air from the diaphram area, not from puffing up the cheeks and blowing. I've used both hands and calls and calls are much more consistant in producing the right tone. I've tried the coffee can and shoelace, and although it does produce a good sound sometimes, it's a pain in the ass to pack not to mention being able to keep the shoelace moist enough. I've never had response to the can either.

I Got A Lohman's Moose Call

kerosine works well on a bootlace /coffee can call.But having heard moosecaller myself-you can't argue with success[highway cone]

thanx- ive heard bout the lace and can style- agree with bulky- there are lots out there- small ones pack in pocket- quaker boy at crappy tire is looking aight for $30... cheers!

I too have made many birchbark horns but I have since made one out of my kids' big plastic baseball bat by cutting both ends off leaving it about 18 " long .It was blue so I covered it wit a cloth camo tape .I think it is a lifetimer .

I have used Birch bark but usually they get chucked in the fire before we head home. Now I just use a piece of 1 5/8 X 20 in. flex PVC pipe, it gets stuck in the gun rack on the quad, it takes a "sh-- kickn" but its keeps working.
    "Hunting" is selective harvesting of organically grown, free ranging meat, achieved by placing a good bullet in a vital spot. !!!