Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Treasures

Re: Bush Treasures

found two old handsaws with handles ,an axe and a container with oil of some sort used for falling back in the day.They were leaning up against the tree that never got felled.. Kept one and gave one to the musuem.
    He who laughs last,thinks the slowest.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    "Bush" Treasures ....... makes me think of some thing COMPLETELY different.

Am I the only one?

CT
    Not at all!!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

My Gramps had an old photo in his collection it was taken at the head end of Pitt Lake, and was of a very rusted up old double shotgun he said it looked to be an 8 ga. It was wedged in the crotch of a tree and the tree had grown around it.It wasn't evident from the pic but he said he could make out bits of wire, the gun had been wired there pointing down an old trail. He and his partner camped near for 2 days and searched the area but found no other signs of humans.It sets the skin on the back of my neck to prickel even today when following an old trail. I am not sure what happend to the pic I will have to go thru the old family photos 1 day.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

A friend whilst hunting with me in the uk, found a stone age arrow head in a farmers wheat field !
    we later found out this was a very common find in the area !
    I had spent many nights in the jungle looking for game,but this was the first time I had ever spent the night looking for a man eater.
    THE CHAMPAWAT MANEATER
    JIM CORBETT

I've never found any bush treasures, but I've certainley treasured some bush!
    LMAO
    like a diamond in the rough

We found $55 dollars in small bills on Poison Mnt. about 1970 They had been there at least a year or more (the bills were faded and scattered around)

So that's where DB Cooper landed in his parachute....LOL

Out on a elk archery hunt with a buddy. Tracking the bull he hit and noticed what looked like a huge mushroom partially exposed off the trail. Picked it up on my way back down. A complete intact black bear skull with large canine bit marks over the top of the skull into the eye sockets...I assumed that I found a grizzly killed black bear. Going to clean it up a bit more and place it on my bookshelf in the man cave.

Sitting on a rock outcropping over looking a beautiful valley, I was glassing and eating a sandwich. Dropped the sammy and it landed at my feet in some white powder. Thought the powder was fine rock debris from erosion. Dusted of the sammy and finished it yum yum. some time later, as glassing was unproductive I started looking around the rocks and noticed what I thought was a dog license. Picked it up and read the inscription "ALBERTA CREMATORIAM" ya you do the math.
    Courage is being scared to death
    But saddling up anyway.

on a quading trip few years back found an old trappers cabin. was in a fenced of area. opened the door of the cabin and it was pretty much wrecked inside. On the door t there was a sheet of paper with dates going back to the early 70's. stating how long diffrent people stayed there and what they seen and shot. I have olso found knifes, old ax and a set of binos.

Last year i found this well hunting.