Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Treasures

Re: Bush Treasures

Two years ago, my Uncle and I went ATVing and hunting. After a long drive in the bush in the middle of nowheres, we found a big cabin. Inside the 4 doors cabin, in the middle of the floor, we saw a large square hole. It was really weird. I not know why they would have a deep hole in the middle of their cabin floor. Outside was a small shed.
    Old gold miners were known to build their cabins over top of their shafts. This way, no one would know where to look for their dig or when they were digging.

I found the remains of a bunch of older bones (5-10 yrs I'd say) scattered amongst the remains of boots and clothing. Any cotton was gone but the person was wearing some rain gear which survived sitting out in the weather. Caught my attention for sure. LR
    And like the others, I find it disturbing that you would not report a find of this nature. I think that you should just hustle your ass in and report it Monday morning with all the particulars that you remember of the site and provide all the assistance that you can to make sure the site is located. I will save my name calling for later if you fail to tell us you did the right thing. Expect to take some heat from the cops over the delay, but it's better late than never.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I lost some money so if anyone finds a hundred dollar bill that's brown in color and a fifty was red plus some green twenties in Canadian currency please they are the ones I lost.
    Thanx in advance
    Jelly please post on here if you found any.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    I lost some money so if anyone finds a hundred dollar bill that's brown in color and a fifty was red plus some green twenties in Canadian currency please they are the ones I lost.
    Thanx in advance
    Jelly please post on here if you found any.
    Funny, I found some of those out in the woods while I was having a crap. Thought they were mighty handy, sorry about the mess... =]

Lost some toonies and loonies also west250 how did they work for you?
    Jel
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-31-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Found a $ bill folder out on a old trail..folder was brand new with no ID.. It contained $19??.00 in large bills..tried but could not find owner.. I thought it was very strange to have a brand new folder with no iD..but still had the price tag attached....

Was hiking along an abandoned railbed (no rails or even ties) along the old summerland hwy,off to the side in a clearing found an old fire pit under pine needles just some rocks poking through, found a bunch of super rusted cans and an old cast frying pan, my imagination was running wild!
    There's room for all of gods creatures........ right beside the potatoes

I found 800 slightly used shotgun shells and an old washing machine earlier today!
    "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Yogi Berra

ive found a knife, makes up for a nice buck knife i lost.... ive also found an old .22 laying under a big fir tree. the gun was rusted bad and the stock was decomposed.

Quote Originally Posted by teebee View Post
    Was hiking along an abandoned railbed (no rails or even ties) along the old summerland hwy,off to the side in a clearing found an old fire pit under pine needles just some rocks poking through, found a bunch of super rusted cans and an old cast frying pan, my imagination was running wild!
    The old Summerland highway ran from Summerland to Trepannier down along the lake. Later it was moved up to where it presently lies.
    If you are talking about the road that runs from Summerland through Falder and on to Princeton, then that is the KVR railbed. There were camp kitchens set up along the right of way during construction of the railroad. Go above Naramata and you will find stone ovens that they baked the bread in.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Blktail View Post
    What kind of a dumbass wouldn't report that. Do you think the family might want to know. Guess there are no suicides in your family. Dumbass!
    Dumbass? No. There's more to the story than I let on and it was reported, just not directly to the RCMP. Just odd things you see in the bush I guess, and I'm leaving my end of it at this. It was dealt with. LR