Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Bush Treasures

Re: Bush Treasures

My daughter found $2.75 near our campsite a few days ago. She was very happy to put that in her piggy bank.

Quote Originally Posted by 4pointer View Post
    Thats funny..in 2007, my brother and I found an older lady near Lytton too while we were hunting. She asked for water so we gave her some and a few sodas. She looked really scuffy like you said. Missing teeth and looked like she had self made bite marks on her arms. We chatted for awhile but she parted ways eventually after chilling with us in camp. She was seen by us all weekend at various areas in that general area. She had some old clothes and two milk jugs(that we filled). Kinda weird..might be the same lady??
    Could be ,I think she was probably around forty or so and it was at least 25 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    aYup! Makes ya wonder alright...

A spell back a good Inuvialuit Buddy and I chose to stop for lunch on a timbered rise overlooking a long, branched valley. Beautiful site, affording both protection from the elements, and a rather great view. Kicked around a couple of ancient decaying cans, and wondered about the Men who had left them. After lunch, my Partner wandered over to the side of the knoll that offered the best view up the valley. Was only a moment or two and I heard his excited Hey, Check this out...

There before him was an ancient lever rifle, leaning against a tree, exactly where a man would sit for the best observation point. The front sight was actually grown into the tree, and the wood wasn't much but weathered splinters, but it laid otherwise as if left there yesterday. My Buddy carried that prize home, and eventually it was transformed into a right decent working piece of art.

To this day, the subject of just Who the Man was that left his Rifle behind in such a far flung place, knowing his very survival depended on it. And just what may have befallen him to cause him to abandon it...

Still raises the odd hair for me... And I'll likely always wonder...

Cheers,
    Nog
    Great thread!

Read about this find just recently. 1873 Winchester repeating rifle capable of firing 15 shots without reloading that became known as the “weapon that won the West”.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...discovery.html

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

The old holes found dug in old cabins were their root cellars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilwinning View Post
    Was hunting above Lyton 20 or so years ago ,and found this woman sleeping in a pile of rocks .turns out she was trying to get closer to God (That`s what she said ) she almost did she was up there for over a week when we found her ,We had hiked up the day before and there was over 4" of snow and she had nothing but the clothes on her back,said she had slept under a log the night before .took her back to camp ,fed her and walked her back down the hill and drove her to lyton.On the way down we met two guys on horseback who looked at us kind of weird (probably thought our girl friend looked kind of scruffy)we stopped in their camp on the way back and told them what was going on ,they figured she might not have made an other night. I would not exactly call her a "bush treasure" but that is the strangest thing I ever found in the bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4pointer View Post
    Thats funny..in 2007, my brother and I found an older lady near Lytton too while we were hunting. She asked for water so we gave her some and a few sodas. She looked really scuffy like you said. Missing teeth and looked like she had self made bite marks on her arms. We chatted for awhile but she parted ways eventually after chilling with us in camp. She was seen by us all weekend at various areas in that general area. She had some old clothes and two milk jugs(that we filled). Kinda weird..might be the same lady??

Wow ......
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/ssor...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Found this can of bear spray which has been chewed by a bear while over on an old logging road. Must have been dropped. by a forestry worker. Either that or that's all that was left of the poor guy!

Found an ATV in the bush. It had the insurance papers in it. A buddy called the company on the papers and they had 4 atv's on a trailer stolen 3 months prior. They came and got it. Keys in it and all. Dead battery though.
    Found an over under shotgun in a lake. Police said I could claim it if they didn't have a claim on it in 4 months. Called 4 months later and it had disappeared. No record of it.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Found an inner tube with an unopened lucky in the cup holder in the Zeballos River in 2007. Does it get any better than that?! Still floating on it to this day

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Found an ATV in the bush. It had the insurance papers in it. A buddy called the company on the papers and they had 4 atv's on a trailer stolen 3 months prior. They came and got it. Keys in it and all. Dead battery though.
    Found an over under shotgun in a lake. Police said I could claim it if they didn't have a claim on it in 4 months. Called 4 months later and it had disappeared. No record of it.
    You would think some kind of a lost and found report would have been made, and that you as the finder could ask for a copy of that report?
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

I found all kinds of stuff this past hunting season: a swede saw, a bicycle for the kids, a small weathered wooden box (I know of a lady who buys that stuff for her flower shop), just to name a few things.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""