Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: retrieving ducks from the river?

Re: retrieving ducks from the river?

no a little yellow dingy with a few slow leaks. that was enough excitement for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Was it a wetsuit
    There's a solid laugh of the day

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Was it a wetsuit

I sure hoped it was a wetsuit. I didnt want my great idea to go to waste. But a little yellow dingy (with path kit) should be perfect. Yellow is a good color as thas is what all the bird watchers in reifel sanctuary will be wearing in nasty weather. Oops. Spelling issues on my iPhone today.
    Last edited by longstonec; 06-19-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: SPell check

Quote Originally Posted by fowlweather View Post
    we shot a goose over the river. It was a little more excitement than i needed. it was a POS inflatable dingy, there were like 3 small holes that we didn't have the tools to patch. it was a race against time. I made it but it was for sure not easy at all. i think a long pool cleaning stick or a treble hooked rope or cable would have worked
    Personally I have a chocolate lab that does my retreiving for me and I also own boats, however I thought I should mention that long before many of todays hunters were born there were companies manufacturing retrieving devices for hunters that didn't have or possibly couldn't afford to have dogs or boats etc. One of these items was called a "Fetch-It" that sold for $1.25 in its day. Today it costs anywhere from $50.00-$120.00 to buy one because they are a rare and sought after vintage collectible. The "Fetch-it" was a wooden plug like object with a wire hook that was intended to be used with a fishing rod for retreiving ducks.

I unfortunately never have any success posting pictures on this site but if you would like me to send you a couple of pictures of it, drop me a PM and I will e-mail them back to you.
    Member of: 111 Gun Club, Resident Hunters Association of BC, BCWF, Ducks Unlimited