Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Collapsible Recurve bows???

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Collapsible Recurve bows???

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    the words of the wise ......

however for my Take downs I have replaced hex drive screws with thumb screws so you can lock the limbs down with just the tools at the end of your arms

I once "misplaced" my hex key set ....
    Now that's a damned good idea. One of those ideas that make you say "Now why didn't I think of that"?!?

great idea !
    I had spent many nights in the jungle looking for game,but this was the first time I had ever spent the night looking for a man eater.
    THE CHAMPAWAT MANEATER
    JIM CORBETT

For the money this bow is probably the best buy going , a good shooter http://www.3riversarchery.com/Sage+N..._baseitem.html

Bow Walker Guest

I'm just not a fan of those heavy risers that most take downs employ. I understand the reasoning behind them - I just don't like them. Much cleaner lines on the metal risers of the PSE and/or Hoyt take downs.

What exactly is a riser?
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Bow Walker Guest

The riser comprises that part of the bow that you hold in your hand, and also that part of the bow that supports the limbs.

so the fat shit in the middle....LOL
    vegetables are what food eats.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    What exactly is a riser?
    Come on, a riser is that part of your anatomy that protrudes stiffly in the morning as you migrate through rem sleep. As Bowwalker described, that part you hold in your hands which supports the limbs. And it's normally wood.
    Last edited by J_T; 03-17-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Come on, a riser is that part of your anatomy that protrudes stiffly in the morning as you migrate through rem sleep. As Bowwalker described, that part you hold in your hands which supports the limbs. And it's normally wood.
    ...or as you describe - a "woody"............

I have a PSE sierra hunter takedown with both 50 and 55 pound limbs. You can often find an old Hoyt riser and pickup a real nice set of limbs.

I guess the fist question to ask yourself is do you want an aluminum or wood riser, the rest there after will follow naturally. If you really want to ask a large number of traditional archers about takedowns maybe check out Leatherwall. http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/THREADSx2.CFM