Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collapsible Recurve bows???

Collapsible Recurve bows???

I was just watching a movie and they had a guy that pulled a bow out in 3 pieces and screwed it together and strung it.

Ive looked at the PSE website and the coyote model is collapsible and camo!
    is there any others, are they any good?
    kind of neat to have a takedown bow...
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Collapsible Recurve bows???

I have a Chekmate TD (take down) Hunter recurve. Fantastic bow and made in BC!
    "If you want to hunt beasts you don't see every day,
    You have to go places quite out-of-the-way.
    You have to go places no others can get to,
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too."
    - Dr. Seuss

i have a hoyt dorado takedown bow
    Its great, very smooth ultra light
    gona try for a blackie with it !
    I had spent many nights in the jungle looking for game,but this was the first time I had ever spent the night looking for a man eater.
    THE CHAMPAWAT MANEATER
    JIM CORBETT

Most traditional bow companies have takedown models... makes it alot easier to travel with as most bows are 52"-64" long. Some are longer and shorter.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Hey Livewire , One piece Trad bows are a pain to carry when on a horseback hunt but are a joy to shoot . The Take downs when on horse back can be broken down and carried in the saddle bags just dont lose the little hex wrench required to assemble .
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Hey Livewire , One piece Trad bows are a pain to carry when on a horseback hunt but are a joy to shoot . The Take downs when on horse back can be broken down and carried in the saddle bags just dont lose the little hex wrench required to assemble .
    Cheers
    Wisdom of the ages. Probably learned through personal experience

Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Bow Walker Guest

I'd live to get a Dorado, a Gamemaster or a Buffalo from Hoyt or maybe a Coyote from PSE - although I'm not too enamoured with the grip on PSE bows.

The grip on the coyote twists and contorts your hand. after looking at it a bit i figured i could just remove the awfull grip and after a little bit of prying it popped off.

Without the awkward grip it is ten times better and more natural to shoot . It looks like the small slim grips from the compounds will slip right on if i feel like adding one at a later date. I might just add a leather wrap so its a bit warmer in my hand .

Im pretty happy with it now and getting better and will make for an interesting and new way to hunt. aluminum riser is nice if you want to add accessories
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Cheers

the words of the wise ......

however for my Take downs I have replaced hex drive screws with thumb screws so you can lock the limbs down with just the tools at the end of your arms

I once "misplaced" my hex key set ....
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Hey Livewire:

I shoot Martin Jaguar takedown, and now that I've dampened down with silencers and added a mantis rest and sight set, its pretty sweet to use. I nearly got a Sage takedown model, but there wasn't one to be had in the area.

Get either and you won't be spending very much. I didn't consider the PSE bow because I didn't like the feel or the action of it. Felt too . . . Raw(?).

Hope this helps.