Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st grouse Hunt !

Re: 1st grouse Hunt !

Time well spent Will. I'm taking my boy out this year for the first time and hope to create some lasting memories like your trip.

Right on! I started taking my boy for grouse when he was about 5 and now he goes with me on deer hunts. For a kid that can't stand still or pipe down at home, he's unbelieveably quiet and still in the woods! He turns 10 and is taking CORE this winter, so next fall should be a real hoot when he can shoot his own (under my watchful eye of course).

Reading your story and looking at the pics of your little guy draggin grouse around sure cheered me up on an otherwise monotenous day at my desk! Thanks and keep up the fine work.
    Always remember the rear end you kick today may be the one you need to kiss tomorrow.

Kids that hunt and fish don't grow up to rob little old ladies!

My first grouse hunt was so long ago that I really can't remember it. It was with my Grand dad and my father though,both since passed on. I still prefer small game and birds to this very day and truely love the outdoors.(if I wasn't sick right now you'd never get me to admit to that). lol Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati