Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: switching mechanicals to fixed blade

Re: switching mechanicals to fixed blade

Tried moving rest this morning, but no success.
    Than I noticed something, My field points and mechanicals fly flat and have tight groups at 20yrds, but I can see my arrow dive when I shoot fixed heads , I squared my inserts and spintested arrows so I am stuck again. My groupings did tighten up shooting shorter arrows.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I found the same problems different bows shot different heads better than others, started using tekans and they shot well and tryed the rages the last two years and never lost an animal and never had one go further than 40 yards, watched all but one fall, but definetly not the strongest head on the market, almost all blades damaged but did do what they are ment to.

Quote Originally Posted by backcountrybowhunter View Post
    I found the same problems different bows shot different heads better than others, started using tekans and they shot well and tryed the rages the last two years and never lost an animal and never had one go further than 40 yards, watched all but one fall, but definetly not the strongest head on the market, almost all blades damaged but did do what they are ment to.
    really.???? i had a rage 3 blade go through a big mulie this year, break two ribs on the way in, and blow right through the shoulder blade on the exit side, and hit the ground 30 yds behind the deer and was still razor sharp and no damage at all? hmmmm..... weird.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

yupp really have taken 4 deer with them, all pass throughs but the blades and rest of the head were bent or damaged in some way

Bow Walker Guest

Must be a package of the earlier design for the heads. They have worked on it and toughened them up considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by backcountrybowhunter View Post
    yupp really have taken 4 deer with them, all pass throughs but the blades and rest of the head were bent or damaged in some way
    well one way or another, they got the job done.. all pass through=doing what its suppost to.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

I've been shooting the fixed G5 Montecs. Great broadheads and have always passed through deer and killed them pretty quickly. I use the same arrows for hunting as I do for target shooting and the same weight Montecs as my field points. I just unscrew the field points and screw in the broadheads. They fly almost exactly the same out to 40 yards which is farther than I have ever shot a deer at. Maybe I'm just lucky but sure love those Montecs. Easy to sharpen to boot.
    Read some information on base layers here.