Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: wounding game

Re: wounding game

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    theres no point coach ..i just wanna hear from the bow hunters how many arrows fly ,to how many deer fall ..
    from my one outing during bow season with my buddy ..i didnt like what i saw
    That's unfortunate, Jeff. Can't paint a whole group of people with one brush though. Sounds like your buddy needs more practice or a different pastime. Personally, I killed a lot of grouse with my compound before shooting at any animals.

No diff. It all comes down to how much either shooter has been practising and learning there bows n guns.

Ever notice that its virtually impossible for a true dumbass to post as a pretend 'intelligent ass' ?...oh boy...headshakin is outta hand tonight!

An arrow with a good sharp broadhead delivered to the vitals is as close to assasination as I've encountered, and rivals the fastest NON CNS kills I've made with a rifle.

Here's a photo of a short bloodtrail from this fall...shot this Sitka at 17 yards and he trotted less than 15 yards and dropped...doesn't get much quicker than that!

As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Ever notice that its virtually impossible for a true dumbass to post as a pretend 'intelligent ass' ?...oh boy...headshakin is outta hand tonight!
    Soooo true, god bless Surrey for producing some good laughs.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    after 20 years of guiding clients on big game hunts in BC I have seen more than my share of a$$hats that couldn't hit the broadside of barn with their .300 Wind-Bag-Magnums, and just as many resident .300 Wind-Bag Magnum toting fools,

keep talking, I think I may have met YOU !
    pipe down bud ,my shooting is not an issue ..been shooting since i was 7 or 8 ...just as good a shot as you are bud ..

I agree with above, Seems to me like there are some folks who could benefit for some proper bowhunter education and focus on

1. competency and shot placement.
    2. game recover/tracking skills.

I took the bowhunter education course several years after I had been bowhunting and learned a few new things. For a newcomer to bowunting, it would be a great idea if they don't have someone to show them and teach them. Wounding and loosing that many animals is a poor way to learn and not accepatable in my opinion.

And I have to comment on what Roebuck said that it makes him laugh when people say they see deer with arrows hanging out of them. This is the topic of countless local news articles every year in urban areas. I saw a deer in my local bowhunting/shotgun only area walking around with fully intact arrows driven into shoulder bones. And saw/shot another in the east kootenays with a broken arrow driven into its rear leg. Lastly, south of Cranbrook several years back, my partner and I saw a cow "beef cow" with several arrows festering in its gut. Very Ugly!!!
    It happens, even though you haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    arent you just the smartest ass around ...what are you saying here .im not getting your dumb slander

when I'm hunting with my rifle, I wait for a broadside, or 1/4 away shot at a distance that i'm comfortable with. exact same deal when i'm bowhunting. if you do that, theres nothing to worry about. animals will die when arrows fly....that just rhymed playa

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    Hes dead on, i,ve taken about .twenty bucks with the bow and i,m sure i,ve wounded two hundred or so. Give your head a shake!
    Can't believe your story , sounds like bs.