Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: wounding game

Re: wounding game

A well placed broadhead is devastating, Jeff. I'm 4 for 4 and only one has made it 100 yards (barely). Shot placement is everything. Vitals vitals vitals! The bad stories you hear are the result of bad shooting (happens with a rifle too) or bad shot selection. Head shots, neck shots, etc are not recommended. Neither are shots outside your comfort range. Once that arrow is in the air, there's no taking it back. Follow up shots can be made fairly quickly, but having an animal move 20 yards after the first shot can put them out of range.
    Last edited by coach; 12-12-2011 at 07:51 PM.

killed 6 big game animals with a bow (3 bears,3 deer)and lost a bear
    in my opinion just as many screw ups with rifle as bows.

on another note it allways makes me laugh when guys say they saw deer every year with arrows sticking out of them, as every animal ive seen shot with a bow, the arrow has been pulled out by undergrowth after they run, always find the arrow before i find the animal.
    I had spent many nights in the jungle looking for game,but this was the first time I had ever spent the night looking for a man eater.
    THE CHAMPAWAT MANEATER
    JIM CORBETT

Quote Originally Posted by ROEBUCK View Post
    killed 6 big game animals with a bow (3 bears,3 deer)and lost a bear
    in my opinion just as many screw ups with rifle as bows.

on another note it allways makes me laugh when guys say they saw deer every year with arrows sticking out of them, as every animal ive seen shot with a bow, the arrow has been pulled out by undergrowth after they run, always find the arrow before i find the animal.
    seen it more than a few times pal .

So what's the point of your question, Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    sorry pal i dont and never will own a bow ,ill stick with my 300 win mag thanks...and reported ..reported for being a shitty shot ..shut up
    LOL, typical.....
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

8/8 for me, gotta wait for those perfect shots. Nothing over 40 yards, lots of archers can shoot past 40 yard perfectly at the range but there is lots that can happen when hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    LOL, typical.....
    whats typical.......

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    So what's the point of your question, Jeff?
    theres no point coach ..i just wanna hear from the bow hunters how many arrows fly ,to how many deer fall ..
    from my one outing during bow season with my buddy ..i didnt like what i saw

wounded less with the bow than the rifle. The guy you are talking about should spend some time shooting and speaking to fellow bowhunters about his problem or considering trading his bow for a camera

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    sorry pal i dont and never will own a bow ,ill stick with my 300 win mag thanks...and reported ..reported for being a shitty shot ..shut up
    after 20 years of guiding clients on big game hunts in BC I have seen more than my share of a$$hats that couldn't hit the broadside of barn with their .300 Wind-Bag-Magnums, and just as many resident .300 Wind-Bag Magnum toting fools,

keep talking, I think I may have met YOU !
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,