Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: wounding game

wounding game

im just wondering how many bow hunters wound there game each year before they finally bag one ..i dont bow hunt ,so im just wondering ..my buddy took it up a couple years ago and has yet to kill one and bring it home .accually hes probably killed lots ,just hasnt found them ..probably wont get many truthfull answers ,but lets hear what you gotta say ..ten hits to one kill.. is that about right for a rookie

2. Site Sponsor

Re: wounding game

IBTL!!
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

I smell a troll.....

However, for your interest on a recent trip to the QCI, three of us CLEANLY killed 13 of 13 Sitka Blacktails with archery gear....kills ranged from ranged from 17 to 51 yards.

Two bucks were also missed cleanly (both downhill shots where the hunters shot overtop).

Keep the shots to a comfortable distance (ranges that you've practiced consistantly), keep the angles reasonable, and you'll have short bloodtrails with dead critters at the end of them.
    Last edited by StoneChaser; 12-12-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Thumbs down Re: wounding game

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    ..ten hits to one kill.. is that about right for a rookie
    JeHeeSuz Christ I HOPE NOT!

Anyone running those odds better spend some SERIOUS time at the range, or give it up!

Used a decent compound for several decades. In all that time, I only ever lost one (poor hit). Picked up the crossbow, and put in a LOT of time with it before I felt anywhere near comfortable with shooting at game with it. Actually believe my old compound had a better trajectory and sure as hell loaded a lot faster!
    2 hits, 2 kills, 2 recoveries (1 clean miss) this year with the new crossbow.

Any decent bow is downright Murderous when the One behind it has sufficient practice under their belt. There is NO Excuse for what you are suggesting!

Of course this could simply be a troll, in which case Bad on me for biting...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Hes dead on, i,ve taken about .twenty bucks with the bow and i,m sure i,ve wounded two hundred or so. Give your head a shake!

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    JeHeeSuz Christ I HOPE NOT!

Anyone running those odds better spend some SERIOUS time at the range, or give it up!

Used a decent compound for several decades. In all that time, I only ever lost one (poor hit). Picked up the crossbow, and put in a LOT of time with it before I felt anywhere near comfortable with shooting at game with it. Actually believe my old compound had a better trajectory and sure as hell loaded a lot faster!
    2 hits, 2 kills, 2 recoveries (1 clean miss) this year with the new crossbow.

Any decent bow is downright Murderous when the One behind it has sufficient practice under their belt. There is NO Excuse for what you are suggesting!

Of course this could simply be a troll, in which case Bad on me for biting...

Cheers,
    Nog
    well the guy i no ,has hit 4 deer that i no of ..with no kills .. where i grew up ,around farmland ,id see deer every year with arrows in ass or neck

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Well I haven't bow hunted for years and never did kill anything with it I did clip one in the brisket and another one I had about a 15 yard shot on a very steep uphill angle made a perfect shot and the arrow hit a rib and deflected straight into the air without entering the deer,needless to say I didn't get the deer,
    my buddy looked at me and says can you believe that ? Nope !
    I'm just sticking to the Weatherby's lol
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    well the guy i no ,has hit 4 deer that i no of ..with no kills ..
    Sounds like your buddy(you?) is an a$$hole and should be reported.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Sounds like a bow hunting slam, how many people with a gun have done the same thing?

Forest Gump: It happens

Have managed to shoot one with a bow yet but being my first year expected so.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Sounds like your buddy(you?) is an a$$hole and should be reported.
    sorry pal i dont and never will own a bow ,ill stick with my 300 win mag thanks...and reported ..reported for being a shitty shot ..shut up