Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A step by step guide to posting pictures (with pictures)

Hybrid View

A step by step guide to posting pictures (with pictures)

Ok so I always see posts where people don't know how to post up pics so I thought I would put together a step by step guide on how to use Photobucket to add pictures to a post. It is a very simple process once you do it once you will wonder why you didn't before.

The first step is opening up a Photobucket account and then logging in to Photobucket. After you are logged in you will be on this screen. From here you click on the green button that says "upload"

After you click the upload button you will be at this screen..... From here I prefer to use the bulk uploader that you will see circled in red. It seems to work a little better for me. Just click where it says "bulk uploader"

Now from the next screen all you need to do is use the little menu box on the left to locate the folder that you have the pictures in. The pictures need to be on your computer hard drive not in your email or from another webpage. When you see the folder you need click on it in that menu.

When you click on that folder (arrow #1) it will open up all of the pictures that are housed in that folder and will display them just to the right of the menu (see arrow #2). Find which picture, or pictures that you wish to upload and click them. (again arrow #2).

At this point it will put those pictures in queue to be uploaded (see arrow #3) When you have all of the pictures from that folder that you wish to upload chosen, you then click on the "upload" button (arrow #4)

Then don't do anything for a few seconds until this next screen comes up saying you have successfully uploaded pictures. This screen will be your own personal album that you can share pictures from or access to.

A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A step by step guide to posting pictures (with pictures)

Now after you have the pictures loaded into Photobucket all that you need to do is simply left click on the picture that you want to post here and it will enlarge a bit in photobucket and look like this, and from here you just left click once on the little link that I have circled in red and it will quickly flash that it is "copied"

Then all you need to do is simply come to the HuntingBC forum where you are posting in a thread and "right click" your mouse inside the thread window. This little menu will pop up and you simply need to click on the "paste" button and your picture will appear in the post. One note tho.. When you first "paste" the link it will not be a picture but a "link code" but when you hit submit on the thread a picture will appear not the "link code"

I hope this helps a few people that seem to have trouble loading pics up.
    Last edited by Shooter; 12-12-2011 at 09:41 PM.

great step by step guide!! thanks!
    ~Wes

oops just fixed it. I just realized I had a wrong picture posted up.

Bow Walker Guest

About time someone posted a thread like this. Good on ya shooter.

Now - how about walking us through copying and pasting pics from the HBC Gallery into threads using the same Firefox browser? I just cannot get it done - somehow.

I have to keep a copy of IE around to copy and paste pics.

Great thread shooter. I'll have to try photo bucket again. I couldn't get it last time I tried.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

How about multiple pictures ? Great sticky thread !

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    How about multiple pictures ? Great sticky thread !
    Multiple pics is simple. Just copy/paste multiple image codes but I think the max per post is 5.

Another tip is to put an extra blank line between picture codes... (press enter a couple of times) it just makes it easier to look at.

Dang, thanks shooter, I've been messed up on this for awhile.

Thanks shooter !