Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Questions, fletchings and goals

Re: 2 Questions, fletchings and goals

I did a 1/2 doz straight last night just for practice. I could have done an offset but would not really know how many degrees it is. I am going to call the Bitzenburger help line and see if they have any pointers.
    Last edited by RoscoeP; 12-08-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Bow Walker Guest

If there is no indication of offset - just eyeball it. Keeping in mind that all of the base of the fletch must be in contact with the shaft. It gets harder (as Jonas111 said) when you are using skinny shafts, but it is definitely do-able.

Set the offset and tighten the screw down. Mark the setting with a scratch in the soft mettal so that you can either adjust or repeat the setting at a later date.

As for the type of release that you use.....Use one that you feel entirely comfortable with and for the style of shooting that you intend to do. My brother tried to use a 'thumb-release' for target and a' trigger-style' release for hunting. It didn't work out due to switching back and forth - he ended up not feeling comfortable with either style.

I shoot a wrist strap, trigger-style release because when I started archery that type of release felt that most comfortable to me, especially so because I had just come to archery from guns. The trigger style felt entirely natural to shoot - still does.

Well after a couple of failed attemps to call Bitzenburger I got through to the most helpfull person. He said that they had a run of jigs that didn't have the markings on them. He took my name and address and is sending out the required parts. He also explained a lot of helpfull details on fletching offset and helical. Really nice to get some good customer service. My day has started off on a positive note for sure. Thanks for all your help. Cheers Roscoe

Bitz is a great company .... there is a reason why they have been around for as long as they have
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask