Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Mater the Griffon

Re: Mater the Griffon

Well its been awhile ... Not a lot for the dog to do the last few weeks. We are getting some bike training in at nights toughing up his feet for some spring bear hunts starting next month. We have been on 2 rabbit hunts. Seen bunnies each trip, missed on the one shot I took. Got some got video of him working and going in and out under the thick brush. We were invited to do some planted bird work awhile back.

Itching to get out one night this week for rabbit... The grass is greening up and the cool april sunsets are my favorite month to get out.
    My very talented mommy painted a nice piece with mater. He is going to the gallery. It was a nice oct night hunt last year. I remember it well

If anyone is interested in a painting shoot me a pm and I can put you in touch. Even if its a pic of an old dog or favorite hunting picture of any kind. Cheers
    Lindajonesstudio.com
    Last edited by yamadirt 426; 04-07-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Beauty painting Yama. She is very talented.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

Hey Mike - that painting is really awesome - she sure has a load of talent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Thank you both. I'm really quite spoiled when it comes to art work. It took a lot of convincing to paint some dead animals lol.

Mater and I finally got out for an evening rabbit walk before I shut it down for may. Seen 3 rabbits and it was the 3rd rabbit, a buck, that lost its life to our dinner plate. I spotted the first one and we went in to try and chase him out of the deep grass and brambles. Mater scented him and then decided to take a dump while on point. lol bad move as we heard the rabbit make a break for it . After a few minutes of searching I looked back down the trail we came from and there was peter cottontail hoping down the lane.

We bumped the second one as we walked around. He ducked back in the brambles and held tight.

Then we bumped the 3rd one and once we caught up to his last known location Mater was working the grass. We worked the area hard for 5 mins but couldn't push him. But I had a feeling he had gone through the bush to the other side. We circled around the bush and there he was hoping down the trail. I raised and fired. Mater ran through but couldn't pick up anything. The rabbit ducked back in the bush. So we circled around again and worked the cover again. It was only a few mins when i caught him hoping away out of the corner of my eye. I hadn't replaced a new shell in the single shot yet and had my phone in my hand still taking video.

So down goes the phone to the ground, told Mater to freeze, jacked a new shell , raised and just as he was getting into the grass BOOM. Mater was off and ran right past where I had shot. Dang another miss but as he came back on recall he stopped, put his head down and picked up our kill. Nice. His face says it all

When I threw the phone down for the shot it landed with camera rolling facing up at me. You can hear me jacking a shell and see me raise up and shoot. Its a funny angle from my feet but was cool to see i caught it on tape accidentally.
    Last edited by yamadirt 426; 04-13-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Another great training day today. Weather held out, dogs were pointing, and fun was had by all. Easter weekend food, and a bunch of running around with the family and the mutt = a hard earned nap when i got home.

This dog will sleep forever like this
    Last edited by yamadirt 426; 04-21-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Yup Duchess is passed out hard too
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

I must not have worked mine hard enough....he is still full of P&V.

I on the other hand.......need a long nap.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

Quote Originally Posted by yamadirt 426 View Post
    Another great training day today. Weather held out, dogs were pointing, and fun was had by all. Easter weekend food, and a bunch of running around with the family and the mutt = a hard earned nap when i got home.

This dog will sleep forever like this
    Love it!!! ... great day today Mike!
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.

Im bored and so im putting up a few random pics, some of my favorites

Mater taking a selfie with my wifie. This was on route to a family rabbit hunt.

This one is "king of the dirt castle" if you have multiple dogs and a mound of dirt then you know what im talking about lol

Here is a blast from the past. A trifecta of sorts as far as hunting dog pictures go.