Thread: Mater the Griffon

Threaded View

Mater the Griffon

Some of you guys have seen him on the doberman thread but i'm giving him his own thread now. He was 9 weeks when we got him and he is just shy of 12 weeks today. He is calm, attentive and responsive. He sits well and retrieves ok for a young age. I'm trying to do the right things but I'm also just "winging it" with the help of books/dvd , youtube, this site. He is a family dog and fits in well with our older doberman, 2 cats, 3mon/3yr old kids + more. He puts a slow stalk on the cats around the house and is very interested in the rabbit hutches out back. He loves feathers and seems to have a good drive for anything game'e .
    We mostly do 5 mins of retrieving a couple of times a day + the standard house training/social training. I'm just trying to be calm,assertive and dominent. I really like his patience and he looks like a thinker. I know I havent even broke the surface of training yet but I'm happy so far. Here is a short vid of some back yard mallard wing retrieves and a few pics. I've learned to leave as little meat on the wing as possible. As it thaws it attracts his taste buds a little too much. I try and correct as soon as possible but I should probably be using a 20' lounge to correct him if he doesnt come straight back
    Last edited by yamadirt 426; 12-04-2011 at 04:52 PM.

2. Site Sponsor