Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet another bear video!

Re: Yet another bear video!

Great work guys, both on finding the bruin and shooting the video!! If I can't get as often as I'd like I can always watch others having a good time!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

so you tracked a bear that had only a busted leg and a clipped arse?

that could of been one LIVELY opponent
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Tank is being to modest.....they tracked this bear for a day and a half, long after most would have given up. They lost the trail.... sometimes for hours at a time, picking it up again after spending time on hands and knees looking, or grid searching likely possibilities. My hats off to these three, they perservered and recovered the animal. Good job guys!

Chris
    I like to hear that... Good on you guys for sticking it out and recovering your trophy. Great vid by the way!

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird
    so you tracked a bear that had only a busted leg and a clipped arse?

that could of been one LIVELY opponent
    That thought definitely kept us on our toes. We ended up catching the bear about a mile from where he was first hit. The bush was VERY thick and the bear had finally pulled a few yards off the trail that he was traveling down and waited for us to pass by. Luckily for us he was a little worse for wear after being left over night and only had enough juice left to stand his ground. My dad finished him off with a 7mm round to the head. All's well that ends well...but I still don't want to repeat that performance any time soon!

Thanks for the video and good job keeping on that bear to recovery of the animal. Sometimes sh*t happens and you have to make the best of it.

I always enjoy videos ........ but I have to say your buddy seriously needs time at the gun range or learn to shoot a smaller rifle. To wound a bear at nearly point blank range with shooting sticks under those circumstances is not necessary, thats a slam dunk broadside clean shot into the boiler.

I suppose there's some allowance if he was shaking like aspen leaves in a hurricane.

Good job recovering the bear though.
    Last edited by BCrams; 09-29-2006 at 11:18 AM.

Excellent video. Enjoyed it very much. From straight on he looked like quite the chunky monkey. Great job on your persistance to find him. First bear, maybe your friend was shaking like a leaf.

Congrats Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams
    I always enjoy videos ........ but I have to say your buddy seriously needs time at the gun range or learn to shoot a smaller rifle. To wound a bear at nearly point blank range with shooting sticks under those circumstances is not necessary, thats a slam dunk broadside clean shot into the boiler.

I suppose there's some allowance if he was shaking like aspen leaves in a hurricane.

Good job recovering the bear though.
    The shooter does have a healthy phobia of bears. Thats why we were trying to get him into a "perfect" set up for his first one. His rifle was having issues prior to the hunt, so he opted to use mine. If he had been another 4 inches higher the bear wouldn't have left the field. this stuff will happen every so often, despite being very carefull. I'm just glad that it worked out in the end.

The shooter does have a healthy phobia of bears.
    In my mind your not healthy (in mind) if you don't. That's why it's a bigger rush for me hunitng bears.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Even though I heard all about this bear it is great to see the video. Once again it shows that a huge caliber is not always the answer. Practise and experience. Good video james.
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills