Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet another bear video!

Re: Yet another bear video!

Before I foget to ask. What was the length on that bipod that guy had?
    Was that one for sitting?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice bear, I'm leaving for princeton on the 8th and after watching this great video I can't wait to go hunting.This is my second year so It's all new for me. CONGRATS!!

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    Before I foget to ask. What was the length on that bipod that guy had?
    Was that one for sitting?
    The bipod was maybe 3ft long? I made it a couple of years ago out of a pair of dowels and a nut n' bolt...cost maybe 10 bucks. It usually rides around in the box of the truck when we are road hunting spring bear. It works pretty good from a sitting postion when theres nothin else available for a rest.

cool video

what rifle/bullet combo was used by the primary shooter?? and where was the first shot placed?

i say again, cool vid!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

What caliber gun was that?

AHA!! I see you figured out the problems and got the video to upload!! right on....good vid!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Great video. And damn nice bear!!

As to the bi-pod seems alot like this one... http://www.varmintal.net/abifu.htm I used one when I was rifle hunting, or if I am shooting at coyotes.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

The shooter was using my 375 h&h which sending out 260 grn accubonds at around 2800 fps. The bear was hit twice...poorly. The first came in low and nearly took the arm off above the elbow. the second follow up shot clipped the back of the bears ass...just enough to knock him over. We had a bit of tracking job before the bear was recoverd. It just goes to show that shot placement is critical!
    Last edited by Tank; 09-29-2006 at 06:26 AM.

[quote=Tank]The shooter was using my 375 h&h which sending out 260 grn accubonds at around 2800 fps. The bear was hit twice...poorly.

I should say so! You'de think if that bear were hit in the boiler room with a 260gr. he'd be ass over tea kettle, done like dinner. Excellent video by the way!

We had a bit of tracking job before the bear was recoverd.
    Tank is being to modest.....they tracked this bear for a day and a half, long after most would have given up. They lost the trail.... sometimes for hours at a time, picking it up again after spending time on hands and knees looking, or grid searching likely possibilities. My hats off to these three, they perservered and recovered the animal. Good job guys!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson