Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yet another bear video!

Re: Yet another bear video!

I have to say from first hand experience that I have learned a great deal from my first bear. I picked up a rifle for the first time four years ago, and have always had that "healthy phobia" of bears that James talks about. After numerous times out bear hunting with James and passing up a smaller bear with the shotgun one year I thought that this year was to be the year. Oh, but of course, my 30-06 started having problems and I opted to use James' rifle for the trip.

A word of advice for beginners.......use your own rifles and always aim where you know is the right spot. Better to be a little high than low. I've taken two other big game in the past now with the 30-06 and have had no problems. This time I thought that I'd listen to people when they said that I should aim more forward on the animals. Of course, this bear proved to be decieving and should I have hit it four inches higher it would have not gone very far.

Best advice I can give from experience......IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT CALIBRE YOU USE, IT'S ALL ABOUT SHOT PLACEMENT.

Have fun out there guys and keep those videos flowing. I know that I'll be posting a spring bear video this coming year.
    Last edited by Ben Fougere; 10-04-2006 at 04:17 AM.

Re: Yet another bear video!

Trying to delete.. posted in errror... sorry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by 260 Rem; 03-26-2018 at 05:42 PM.