Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Chasing a dream - Stone's SHEEP and Roosevelt ELK - PICTURE HEAVY

Re: Chasing a dream - Stone's SHEEP and Roosevelt ELK - PICTURE HEAVY

I knew he had to record stuff... these threads are way too good to just kinda toss together. They had flow and structure.
    if you ever make it back up there you should take another pic of the names and post it back in here....

Nice to see this thread come back to life....Truly one of the greats in HBC history.

Even if you never set foot on a float plane, you should take your family up that way 835. The AK Highway beyond ft. St. John is amazing and Muncho is literally right beside the highway.

this is the first time i have seen of read thos story and wow probably the best i have ever read.sounds like he was an amazing man!

River Otter,, I want to. I have been to Alaska, Yukon and North BC on 2 Road trips for 2 months a piece fishing....

BC hunter 181 Go into his profile and dig up "Threads started by" he did a pile of threads just like this.
    Funny thing... I always had Dave being the guy Responsible for "The walking slaughterhouse" Remember that guy who posted the thread about a sheep hunt with a 30-30, a bottle of whiskey and his Ex Girlfriend. I pm'd him and asked.... he said no obviously, but that thread was his humour!

Damn you gave me the buck fever the whole time! Great read one hell of a sheep and rosey
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'

LEH is out ... thinking of you pal.
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    River Otter,, I want to. I have been to Alaska, Yukon and North BC on 2 Road trips for 2 months a piece fishing....

BC hunter 181 Go into his profile and dig up "Threads started by" he did a pile of threads just like this.
    Funny thing... I always had Dave being the guy Responsible for "The walking slaughterhouse" Remember that guy who posted the thread about a sheep hunt with a 30-30, a bottle of whiskey and his Ex Girlfriend. I pm'd him and asked.... he said no obviously, but that thread was his humour!

Lmao he was 100% responsible

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Happy Birthday BiG BoaR, gone but definitely not forgotten, hopefully your finishing the hunts you wanted..........Respectfully
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Not sure if anyone remembers when he first joined the forum and it was under a different name as he had his changed.

He was inquiring about getting out I believe for his first hunt as he was taking his wife to Ucluelet to propose or may have been a honeymoon. He was determined that he'd get time to ditch his wife and go for a drive to try and shoot if memory serves me correct his first animal or first big game animal. We were all kind of laughing that his new fiancee or wife would likely kill him before he got a chance to go kill a bear.

He sure did come a long, long way in his hunting career!
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 06-30-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Can’t think about Big Boar without thinking about how coyote tastes!