Thread: Urban Ungulates

Urban Ungulates

Things still dire around these parts with the fires. Very smoky yesterday with no wind to move it, ash was once again raining down at my place. Wind today from the SW pushing the smoke but also fanning the flames. Depressing, no desire to go scouting with Youth & Bow Only season set to begin in many MU's in a mere 2 weeks. So I'm content viewing critters in my yard.

Not much of a lawn guy, most of my yard is a collection of trees, shrubs & a small garden. I let the rest do what's natural, die in the heat of Okanagan summers. Turns into a wildlife refuge at times! A doe & 3 fawns made the one & only patch of green grass I maintain their personal lounge today. Twin fawns not unusual, but this healthy doe has 3 in tow, all healthy as well! The other day a young buck sporting velvet rack wandered through.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Urban Ungulates

And they are all watching you. Want more entertainment put a salt block on a grate with a 8"X8" plywood cover
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I'd rather they stay out of my yard actually, destructive SOB's. Between them, coons & flocks of invasive Starlings my garden is under constant attack. I need to improve my fencing. The fawns were in situ again today around noon, mom was across the lane in a neighbour's yard.

Hmm Susan's sunflower plants are taking a serious thrashing by the local deer..understand your situation
    Srupp

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Absolutely nice and thanks for sharing !

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Absolutely nice and thanks for sharing !

Cheers
    Haha, welcome, you like that? Check out this bad boy, 2018 in my front yard. I'm about 10 blocks from downtown Vernon.