Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New shotgun?

Re: New shotgun?

Funny no one mentions the Ithaca models. Solid value and good design. These are also worth a look. The pump versions use the Benelli design of recoil assisted action.

I like the Ithaca pumps but I have trouble recommending them because I hear the earlier pumps would "slam fire" (that is, if you fired the gun and held the trigger down as you pumped, the gun would fire the next round when the bolt seated inthe barrel).
    I know a guy selling one in great shape for $200 though....
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Tarp Man
    Funny no one mentions the Ithaca models. Solid value and good design. These are also worth a look. The pump versions use the Benelli design of recoil assisted action.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

if you plan on waterfowling for many years the 11-87 special purpose is a great choice as they have a few options that are upgraded including a stainless mag tube as well as follower and spring. i bought the sp waterfowl edition as did my buddy and they also come with a camouflage teflon coatingthey shoot great and reliably mine cycles anything from the lightest trap load to the heaviest game load i have many other shotguns for nostalgic purpose and upland purposes but this is by far my go to gun when the family is hungry.

Ithaca is out of business, again and never had any relationship to the larger Berretta group which bought Benelli and has farmed the action around it's various companies. The cheapest bennelli action guns you'll find are stoegors, or the pintail.

All the ithaca semi's I can think of where actually rebrands of european (SKB) manufacters to meet the US import laws of the day.

Very best,

Ian