Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When, where and what

When, where and what

Lets get a new post going here so we can all ask questions, and if we are lucky maybe get a bit of info on a new area, or a game animal we may have wanted to go after, but didnt know where or when the best time to do it may be.

2. Site Sponsor

If all my plans fall in line with the stars , and my pocket book this year I will be heading up to Quesnell the first week of oct for a week of moose hunting, along with some good fall bear hunting on vancouver island (where I call home). I also plan to make a trip to Dease lake area or Golden area for Mounatin Goats in either late sept or late oct, ill wait for the leh results before I hammer it all down.. These are my fall plans without factoring all the leh tags that i may or MAY NOT get. I will also do some blacktail hunting here on the island for some good winter BBQ meat.

bone-collector Guest
    LEH's will determine my entire fall hunting plans (other than getting the kid his first bear )

It looks like we'll be moving to the East Kootenays in August. I won't likely miss Vancouver much, I can tell ya that. I know of a few good places for deer and elk, but I'd like to get some idea of good spots for birds.

If my read on the regs is correct, that whole area is LEH only for moose. Where are some good areas (I guess North of there?) a fellow might go for a moose? It would be my first moose, so I'm certainly not looking for a big trophy, just a good meat moose.

Any pointers?

This September I may be going on a 14 day fly-in hunt in the Peace for moose, elk, and sheep. there is other species too, but these are the main three.

other than that, some local moose hunting, deer hunting, and the migratory bird hunting here.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

LEH will determine what part of the province l end up hunting in...Have plan A,B,and C, but it all depends if any draws come my way. Could end up in Aklin depending on results and local fire conditions. Barring any draws, its a home effort. One good thing l have noticed, there are more and more moose showing up in region 8 and in south/eastern parts of region 3.
    Silverado.......what part of the Kootenays you going to call home?? As mentioned Region 8 has moose, but not to the degree of region 7.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

August is firmed up and the rest of the fall is "tentative" -

August - 2 week sheep hunt

September - Elk hunting and alpine mule deer

October - sheep hunt (if unsuccessful in August)
    goat hunt if drawn
    some bird shooting
    calf moose if I don't get an elk

November - mule deer hunting the peace, chilcotin and around home
    whitetails in Saskatchewan

December - bow hunting muley bucks in the chilcotin

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird
    This September I may be going on a 14 day fly-in hunt in the Peace for moose, elk, and sheep. there is other species too, but these are the main three.

other than that, some local moose hunting, deer hunting, and the migratory bird hunting here.
    *******!! Why didn't you call me?? I'm in!!! :P
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

BCHunter Guest
    I could squeeze you in my back pack for my fly in trip...

I'm 6 ft and about 265lbs...I was 220 and only muscle whe I was 16..I'm WIDE!

I don't squeeze anywhere
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!