Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Boar of a time

A Boar of a time

So I rolled into Lorne's driveway at 0545, and much to my surprise Lorne had the garage door open and was eagerly awaiting my arrival.

Our special guest not so much So we loaded up while BiG Boar did his hair and make-up

We rolled out, after a quick stop at timmies we hit the field nice and early to setup, and introduce BiG Boar to hunting Lards from a layout.

The pre-legal flight didn't dissappoint, was a pretty ridiculous downpour of Lards, BiG Boar was giddy like a school girl at a Bieber concert. The mayhem ensued seconds after we kicked the birds off the ground, Lorne was barely back to the blinds when the first flock cupped their wings and set their gear down.

It was all over as quick as it began, in less than 55min I was on my way to get the truck and drive it into the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A Boar of a time

Was one of the most fun hunts I had this year, and I didn't even shoot a bird! Dave and his wife corey were great guests(anyone who brings by a bottle of high end whiskey(forty creek) and chocolate cake is good in my books) 303 and them downed 24 in quick fashion
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 11-23-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! Awesome hunt there!!! And yuuummmmmm... I sure love corn fed $#!t ducks!! I blame Lorne's calling ability to be the reason all the ducks are way up in your neck of the woods

Seems to be quite a few SHIT ducks in that pile???????????/-----Cheers----Field Marshal.

Sounds like an exciting hunt.
    Big Bore on the island for ducks!
    Beautiful part of the country! see any blacktail on your venture? or elk?

Nice shooting, well done!
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Does Dave ever work?????

Nice looking shoot there guys!!!

Did you make him pluck all those birds???

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Does Dave ever work?????

Nice looking shoot there guys!!!

Did you make him pluck all those birds???

Cheers

SS

We actually discussed that. I have never met someone who can hunt more then me(and still carry a good salary). I usually can start hunting pretty regularly right out the gate on opening day for bow, then that gradually increases till november where i am done working from about now till feb. However, He has me beat hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Well with the wait in the morning because of hair and make up where are the pic's of the pretty boy??? ha ha.

Nice outing folks. Looks and sounds like you had fun. That's what counts.

Cheers,
    Jb

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybear View Post
    Well with the wait in the morning because of hair and make up where are the pic's of the pretty boy??? ha ha.

Nice outing folks. Looks and sounds like you had fun. That's what counts.

Cheers,
    Jb
    I didn't want to subject my phone to taking pics of Dave , they are all on his Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.