Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hand Held Radios

Re: Hand Held Radios

Quote Originally Posted by Ronforca View Post
    I have the Motorolas that you mentioned.They are about as good as you can get in Canada.I also have a Rino 530 which has 5 watts transmit and a built in Garmin gps.with some fine features.I bought them new on E-Bay.They are a bit pricy.I do not think that anybody will bother you with the 5 watt models.As I am not as young as I used to be I like the feature that tells any other person with a similar radio exactly where I am in case of trouble.My wife and I each have one and we can find each other in the bush any time in case of trouble.
    What is the brand you bought & what is a reasonable price for them? I think this is the way I want to go for next year.
    Thanx

My buddy (haven't seen in a while) was using a 5 W radio while ATVing back in 2003. Three weeks later the RCMP knocked on his door and hauled him away. He spent 3 years in prison and had to pay $50,000 in penalties.

I just fabricated all the stuff above.....but it does look like you can be fined $5000 for using restricted radios. That would suck, but not as bad as prison, with all the crappy food and rape and stuff.
    Last edited by 325; 11-30-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
    What is the brand you bought & what is a reasonable price for them? I think this is the way I want to go for next year.
    Thanx
    Why not just pick up a used set of radios and try them out? I have an old set that just sits there because we bought vhf radios.