Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $1000 reward for information on poached grizzly

Re: $1000 reward for information on poached grizzly

hey

I will through some cash insentive at that if we all did we could make a pretty heavy bounty

Is there any story behind this, some thing in the news paper etc? Did this happen near a camp site, or is there any possibility the Bear was killed in self defense?? Is there any evidence pointing to the Bear being shot for no apparent reason other than the fact that some sick F" wanted to watch it die??? Please, don't take my comments wrong, I simply would like to know if there is a chance that this Bear was destroyed because it posed a threat to someone, or in fact was shot by some idiot that just bought a nice, shiny new gun!!! If, it was the Later, I got a long rope, just need a high tree branch cuz there's none left around here due to the Pine and Fir Beetle Infestation!!!

Kudos to the PWA!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    Is there any story behind this, some thing in the news paper etc? Did this happen near a camp site, or is there any possibility the Bear was killed in self defense?? Is there any evidence pointing to the Bear being shot for no apparent reason other than the fact that some sick F" wanted to watch it die??? Please, don't take my comments wrong, I simply would like to know if there is a chance that this Bear was destroyed because it posed a threat to someone, or in fact was shot by some idiot that just bought a nice, shiny new gun!!! If, it was the Later, I got a long rope, just need a high tree branch cuz there's none left around here due to the Pine and Fir Beetle Infestation!!!
    Even if this bear was killed as an absolute last resort to defend human life that was in peril, and even if it was some other low life that mutilated the bear and removed said undisclosed parts, the first move of any responsible shooter should have been to notify the C.O. as soon as they were out of the bush.

From the conversations I’ve had with COs, I personally would think twice before reporting a 100% legit "self defence" kill. I’m not saying I wouldn’t report it, I'm just saying that I would think twice.
    On the other hand, if I had a bite mark or claw marks then I would report it immediately.

No back story ont his that I know, but apparently our very capable CO's have a suspect. I think self defense would be a long shot, giventhat it was shot a day before CO's were notified, but That is all I know. I'm just glad our CO's around here are very proactive!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

No back story ont his that I know, but apparently our very capable CO's have a suspect. I think self defense would be a long shot, giventhat it was shot a day before CO's were notified, but That is all I know. I'm just glad our CO's around here are very proactive!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Clarke, good on you for getting the ball rolling on this fast. It angers me to hear these things are happening, and more frequently I wish we had more CO's to patrol the areas. Im in Squamish and "have heard" there has been some poaching going on up the Mamquam. I have heard one guy has found 2 elk, and a few bears with missing parts all in last couple weeks. Apparently there have been truck tracks in the snow coming out as guys are heading in at 4-5 am. Somebody is driving around on all the backroads in the middle of the night, and leaving before the morning. I hope we catch them all. I think anyone convicted of poaching should lose all possession and hunting rights for life. If said person is convicted of shooting this Grizz, I hope his picture is plastered all over Pemby with the words POACHER across the top.
    I use camouflage flagging tape when in the bush, that way no one see's my trails or follows me into my spots.

no doubt hang the fu\\rs by there nuts ,and jail time

You watched "Tears of the sun" yesterday too I see! Haha