Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cutco vs. Puma

Re: Cutco vs. Puma

all i have to say again is read, its obvious that people did not read about the "double D" and are sold on it.
    stay away from cutco, its cheap steel
    cheap steel

And all I have to say is the people that talk about their Cutco knives on here, own them, and like them, as I do. You can say all you want about cheap steel, but, when you actually take it out of the sheath and deal with many animals without having to sharpen it, the proof is right there. Over the course over time these knives have to be sharpened like any so called great knives, and when I have it holds a great edge for another many animals, more than good enough for me. The knife I own and am talking about is the Droppoint Hunting Knife.
    Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing

Verein Deutsch Drahthaar Group Canada

(Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend)

again,,people don't know a good knife or good steel when it is even written about, don't waste your time with cutco, it is actually cheaper steel then made in China SS. read about cutco before you make a decision, don't go by peoples testimonies, again go by what a knife is made from, any knife can hold an edge if the rockwell hardness is to a certain point,that being said these knives are assembly line knives and are not tested for their RH, now if they all go in an oven for the right amount of time then they all come out at at certain RH, what if that hardness is 56? i tell you what , it means that knife or batch will be shit, what if the RH is 60? again i tell you what that batch will hold an edge and people will swear by it, but what they won't say is how they had to sharpen it , because that doesn't matter because it held an edge for so long.
    just do the research on how junkie the steel is on cutco.
    cheers....A KNIFEMAKER.....D

whats the worry about it being shitty steel, even if it breaks, and sure, it might, but from the tesitmonies, not for a long time, it is guaranteed forever, call them, they will bring you a new knife, and then sharpen what ever other cutco you have at the same time, just dont listen to the sales pitch while they do it, or if you like their knives, buy your future christmas gifts at the same time.

Thanks again for all the comments! I have added the CRKT 2-Shot knife to my list and the Bez Tine also from CRKT. The 2-shot is Sandvik steel which I read is very good. And both these options are cheaper than the Cutco and the Puma. The Puma is 440C so the CRKT would be that much harder as well.
    I like guns and I like boobs. But I do NOT like boobs with guns!

Again, this so called junkie steel has cut many animals in a row without being sharpened. This junkie steel easily sharpens up nice and sharp every time. This junkie steel gets replaced if anything happens to it and I mean anything, case in point, dog ate the handle, case in point, if it should break and it sure hasn't yet. Cutco replaced my dog episode quickly and no questions asked. This junkie steel knife has had many,many testimonials about it, and yes, contrary to what you might say, I will read and heed customer reviews and testimonials,after spending hard earned money the buyer has no reason to defend inferior products .... A KNIFE USER......RD
    Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing

Verein Deutsch Drahthaar Group Canada

(Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend)

hotload- quote-You can say all you want about cheap steel, but, when you actually take it out of the sheath and deal with many animals without having to sharpen it
    hotload-quote-this so called junkie steel has cut many animals in a row without being sharpened. This junkie steel easily sharpens up nice and sharp every time

so,,hmmm, lets see, first you say you don't have to resharpen it, then you say you do. LMAO

any way you look at it ,it is cheap steel , and in previous posts, even cheap steel can be sharpen to an excellent edge, but it is not worth the price, look up 440a SS price per inch, i can get it for .75 yes thats 75 cents per inch. Now how do you feel when you think that you are paying top dollar for a blade thats worth is $6? They are mass produced so they probably get the cost down to half that or even less, the handles are plastic, worth even less then a pop at wal-mart.

the reason for the warranty is because they make over 1000% on selling the knife. all the testimonials written on the knife are of course good, hmm, go figure, sure guess they would not put all the bad testimonials in there.
    hotload- when you become a knife maker and do your research on steels, and work with them on a regular basis. as i do, you will then realize what in fact cheap steel is. but hey i am glad you are happy with your knife. i am simply pointing out the crap steel for the price.
    cheers, enough said......D

I have some pretty nice knives, and have drooled over many more beautiful knives, handmade by master craftsmen, and if I'm hanging an animal at home with all the comforts and all the time in the world, I might use one of my beautiful knives, or a sentimental heirloom passed down to me - to skin and butcher.
    But if I'm doing the job in the usual nasty conditions in the field, I'll use my ugly orange plastic-handled, mass-produced, 'cheap steel' drop-point CUTCO, because it cuts like a 'hot knife through butter' (through multiple animals without sharpening), my hand fits it & grips it well, it's ugly orange is easy to keep track of in snow and poor light and I don't need my wife's toothbrush to clean the bloody bits out of cracks and crevices when I'm washing up.
    If it's simply a tool you're looking for, you can't go wrong with a CUTCO.

Cutco all the way, 1 moose and 2 deer and the thing is still sharp, all my other knive are now backup.

Just a point of reference: Cutco = $189 or ebay $90 v/s Puma at 190 Euros That puts it in the $280 range and the choices at that price point are wider.
    Just sayin'