Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Costco Meat Grinder

Re: Costco Meat Grinder

Wow I thought the advertising police would have shut this thread down months ago !

Am I a bad guy for starting it?

I returned mine. I used it to stuff sausage but it backed up. I found this after a week I noticed some bad smell. I opened the bottom and found out lots of rotten meat that is sitting there. I don't know maybe I have too much liquid? But nevertheless I returned it to Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by labrador View Post
    I returned mine. I used it to stuff sausage but it backed up. I found this after a week I noticed some bad smell. I opened the bottom and found out lots of rotten meat that is sitting there. I don't know maybe I have too much liquid? But nevertheless I returned it to Costco.
    maybe you did not have the white nylon sleve/bushing in and meat blew past. I ended up getting a 15lbs LEM stuffer anyways.

I like to buy this SAM BAER SB-500 meat grinder bit I cannot find anywhere.Can any members here tell me where to find one please?

I just ordered this meat cutter from Costco. http://www.costco.ca/Hualing-Meat-Gr....10365148.html. It has a 850 watts equivalent to more than 1 HP. I will check first if the gears are plastic or metal .Then I will decide if I will keep it.

I just ordered this meat cutter from Costco. http://www.costco.ca/Hualing-Meat-Gr....10365148.html. It has a 850 watts equivalent to more than 1 HP. I will check first if the gears are plastic or metal .Then I will decide if I will keep it.
    Looks good please do a review when you get it.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Yup been looking at this one too... It does not appear to come with stuffing tubes though which was a feature I was kinda hoping to get, even if it was just to fill my ground meat bags. I was on the "site" today and there is a 5 out of 5 review on it but the guy mentions no stuffing tubes and I think only one grinding plate which he felt was too small other than that he gave it good reviews.

I am still thinking of the 1hp unit from Cabelas for the stuffing tubes and extra grinding plates which are easy to purchase from them.

mike

The Costco one, above looks like a nice machine. I would check first if there is metal gears, you can get new plates in different sizes (.5 will have your meat like Pate'....or cat food.) and if you can get stuffing tubes and a stuffing plate.

One other thing to look at is the neck size, it looks like a 12, which is about half the size of the Cabelas one. Means cutting your meat into smaller chunks.

I used to have Waring Pro and it was great (except for the noise), sold it as we bought the Cabelas 1.0 hp. Will never look back.

As for stuffers, we have the 11 lbs verticle one from Cabelas, nice machine. You can get stuffers and meat mixers from PA stores or online, just check to see if they have nylon /plastic or metal gears.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

So I got my grinder from Costco and it is all metal including gears. There is an opening on top for oiling. And also probably the guy who said there is only 1 #5 plate did not look at the bottom. There is another plate and much bigger maybe size 7. I don't know if it is a misprint or what but Costco's description as I noted said 850 watts. The sticker and the user's manual indicates 750 watts which is 1 horsepower. The manual grinder #12 I bought from PA came with stuffing tubes that fit in my new grinder.