Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco Meat Grinder

Re: Costco Meat Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by darrin6109 View Post
    are you sure you are talking about the same grinder?
    yup. sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddog View Post
    i just got me the 1HP from Cabelas and it is freaking unreal, after burning out 3 grinders and having to wear earplugs with one of them i decided it was just time to shell out for the good one, for $600 delivered to my door it will last a lifetime, solid SS and is as quiet as a mouse. LOVE IT.
    Which grinders did you wear out?

The grinder from Canadian Tire burnt in 2 deer, just not worth the $130 it cost, one of the other ones was cuisinpro from ebay, this meat grinder was strong and powerful and went through anything in no time, but it was LOUD! the last one is from Wal-mart its called open country meat grinder, it is better than the other two but if i did not have a larger plate and different blade to put in it i would have taken a bat to it, the one that came with it just weren't big enough holes and would constantly get plugged.

If anyone is interested in buying a meat grinder then i would strongly suggest spending a little more money and getting the industrial ones from Cabelas, they are the best, super quiet and powerful, i ran mine in the kitchen with my 3 year old sleeping in the next room and it did not wake her. JMO
    cheers...D

I have used a couple different grinders over the years until finally going to an LEM grinder from BassPro. Hands down the best grinder I have used so far. We have the .35hp and it can grind 10x faster than you can cut, and it will do it quietly to boot. We invested in the next size up for Willqbc's shop 2 seasons ago (he goes through up to 30 animals per year) and had the same results. can't remember the cost...maybe in the $400 range? but well worth it IMO.

my two cents

Arrow Re: Costco Meat Grinder

The grinder from Canadian Tire burnt in 2 deer, just not worth the $130 it cost...
    AGREED! Cooked THREE of those same units in one fall two years ago. Constant drive failures.

Went with a Cabela's unit, and have never looked back.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

i just got me the 1HP from Cabelas and it is freaking unreal, after burning out 3 grinders and having to wear earplugs with one of them i decided it was just time to shell out for the good one, for $600 delivered to my door it will last a lifetime, solid SS and is as quiet as a mouse. LOVE IT.
    Likewise, still have to push using the plunger for stuffing sausage, but we double ground over a hundered pounds of elk in no time by just dropping it in.

hmmm i have never had problem with the one i got from canadian tire i guess i lucked out, its been used lots only problem i have had was this year when doin up the white tail doe it wasnt feedin through properly took the plate off cleaned it back up and put it back together and it was good to go. i didnt have the plate in tight enough the first time so it was human error. when usin a grinder u should always hand tighten the lock ring and then as soon as meat runs through it give it another crank to tighten it back up and never run it with out meat in it.
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

The Canadian tire ones are hit and miss, it is a manufacturing flaw in the drive/auger attachment. The auger won't go deep enough into the machine to fully engage, and this causes it to round out very quickly. I went through 3 OF THEM on one afternoon!!!! I just kept exchanging them and the 3rd one I returned as defective when my deer was done POS!!!!! I just purchased a new one from a restaurant supply place in Langley, Budget Restaurant supply i think???? They have one there for 169.00 and it works great. Ground and stuffed til the wee hours of this morning, the machine is awesome, I would recommend this one over all as it is commercial grade and the price was reasonable. Back to my Chorizo making....
    tu no serás hard core, si no vives hard core!

tu no serás hard core, si no vives hard core!

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    AGREED! Cooked THREE of those same units in one fall two years ago. Constant drive failures.

Went with a Cabela's unit, and have never looked back.

Cheers,
    Nog
    Have to agree with the Cabelas 1 hp grinder. I have a local supplier of chicken backs with the necks still attached and I can feed the whole thing in starting at the neck and it grinds it up no problem bone and all! I butcherd up half a side of beef last spring and I was feeding foot long strips into this thing no longer needing to cube, we're talking close to 3 inche diameter pieces of meat and it pulls it all in. Keep your fingers out of it though : ) For all of you who are paying an arm and a leg for raw dog food here is your answer! What used to cost me $1.62 lb is costing me 72 cents plus freezer bags! First picture is chicken backs and necks through the grinder bones and all.

Here is a picture of the grinder and some bear meat I was preparing for sausages.

and sausages stuffed with this baby!

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF