Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco Meat Grinder

Re: Costco Meat Grinder

Is it mostly plastic or is the body metal?

How long did it take you to grind up three deer?
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

We did 5 deer( 3 reg size(mainland) and 2 really small(island)) in 3 hours but I was not grinding the whole time I had to stop and cut all the chunks into strips. at the end we had a regular sized cooler filled and piled high so about 200lbs of ground in less than a hour and a half of grinding. Occasional i had to clean of the cutters but I think that is the same with all grinders. The machine has revers to, which is nice. I should time it some time but really the de-boning guy has never been able to keep up so it is fast enough for me.

The housing is all metal.
    Last edited by tightgrouper; 11-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.

made these babies with it.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin6109 View Post
    made these babies with it.

Yummy looking sausage.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

Nice!!! It pumps burger well eh. How was it with air bubbles. I have not pumped much with mine I just tested it because it is the problem with most grinders I read.

i was worried about air pockets but i have to say it wasnt a problem at all.

this is the one I use and have never had a problem with it however I have never tired to make sausages with it but I am starting to think about giving it a go.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I have that one too and have ground up about 10 deer with it. It grinds fine but I have had to jerry rig it to keep it working because of the drive connection. It does not pump burger but what I did was spice the meat before you grind it. then grind it right into the castings. It is the only way to stuff with that thing. The problem is it is hard to blend in pork this way. I found that when mixing in pork it was hard to get it to mix consistently. There were pockets of pork in the sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by tightgrouper View Post
    I have that one too and have ground up about 10 deer with it. It grinds fine but I have had to jerry rig it to keep it working because of the drive connection. It does not pump burger but what I did was spice the meat before you grind it. then grind it right into the castings. It is the only way to stuff with that thing. The problem is it is hard to blend in pork this way. I found that when mixing in pork it was hard to get it to mix consistently. There were pockets of pork in the sausage.
    are you sure you are talking about the same grinder?

i just got me the 1HP from Cabelas and it is freaking unreal, after burning out 3 grinders and having to wear earplugs with one of them i decided it was just time to shell out for the good one, for $600 delivered to my door it will last a lifetime, solid SS and is as quiet as a mouse. LOVE IT.