View Poll Results: do you think canned bison hunts are ok?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • undecided

3 12.50%
  • yes

12 50.00%
  • no

9 37.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: canned hunts(bison)

bone-collector Guest
    no these are buying the livestock Clarke, the guy just dosnt care if you stroke it on his land and haul it with his tractor

Yeah, I know..Just make sure all the 't's are crossed and i's dotted BEFORE shooting anything.

It seems like it should be straight forward- a simple livestock purchase- but I recall a rancher getting in a little hot water for advertising "shoot it yourself" bison.

I can't remember the details...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

bone-collector Guest
    oh I could see it happening especially a rookie CO looking for a chest to pin his badge on, most of the guys I met up north are pretty straight forward with you at time of purchase, also you can try and catch auctions if your nervous about going to a ranch , Dave got 2 buffalo for 300 bucks at 1 auction, took them to his buddies farm and stroked them

canned hunt-bison]

if you want some free range meat, and lots of it, I think shooting a bison is a good idea.I'm not sure if the ranch bison are too much diferent than ''wild'' bison, from what I've heard, you locate the herd, pick an animal and shoot it.My neighbour got an LEH draw and he basically walked up to within 50 yards of the''wild'' bull and shot it.But whether or not that is charactoristic of both ranched and wild bison I don't know.