Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Saskatchewan bound?

Re: Anyone Saskatchewan bound?

We are flying out on the morning of the 23rd . I grew up out their and can hunt almost anyware in the zone that we were drawn in. I talked 2 of my friends to put in for the draw and they are so excited. This sould be a great trip.

Deer are impossible to shoot in Saskatchewan because we have to wear colors like red, white, yellow, or blaze orange. They can see you from 10 miles away. At least that's what the Alberta guys are sayin'. No kidding! The tree huggers would like to see us not hunt deer. I guess they figure it is much better to hit them with our vehicles.

Have a good hunt, people. Be safe.
    If there ain't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell!!

Quote Originally Posted by kjohn View Post
    Deer are impossible to shoot in Saskatchewan because we have to wear colors like red, white, yellow, or blaze orange. They can see you from 10 miles away. At least that's what the Alberta guys are sayin'. No kidding! The tree huggers would like to see us not hunt deer. I guess they figure it is much better to hit them with our vehicles.

Thats why I'm hoping for snow. Then I'll just wear white. How that makes sense to the powers that be makes no sense to me. White is basically camo for snow-so whats the diff?
    I hear deer in saskatchewan are color blind anyways. well-3 of them were anyways
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    Thats why I'm hoping for snow. Then I'll just wear white. How that makes sense to the powers that be makes no sense to me. White is basically camo for snow-so whats the diff?
    You still have to wear different coloured head wear.

hunt big game with a rifle,
    a designated rifle-only season or
    accompany a rifle hunter without
    wearing an outer suit from the
    waist up of scarlet, bright yellow,
    blaze orange or white or any
    combination of these colours.
    Headwear must be any one of
    these colours except white
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    You still have to wear different coloured head wear.

hunt big game with a rifle,
    a designated rifle-only season or
    accompany a rifle hunter without
    wearing an outer suit from the
    waist up of scarlet, bright yellow,
    blaze orange or white or any
    combination of these colours.
    Headwear must be any one of
    these colours except white
    What if I dont wear headwear? heh- i do though and it's orange-still on the lookout for a nice red touque.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

was 200km north of North Battleford yesterday, bring your long johns, mighty cold.

Quote Originally Posted by kjohn View Post

I hunted in Sack. a few years back, If you think a deer can see you at ten miles, then think a bout you being out there in the open and some other hunter see's you and you are not wearing the proper colors. Guess what could happen!!! You end up in his sights! I used to ask why, about the dress code until I went over there and hunted. You see something way out there and put up the bino's and guess what, another hunter! COLOR makes a big difference in your thinking!

Perfect timing, rut is just starting . next wkend should be great hunting
    Tikka s-less .308

headed out weds. to biggar, joining friends who has inlaws with 5000 acres should be interesting.870 and farmer john are going to rosedale on weds. as well ,one of them knows a farmer there/looking forward to this for some time.....fowl

I grew up in Whistler BC and moved to Kelowna BC

hey cainer, im headed to sask to hunt with my brother as you know from my post, he has just gottin everything set up a few days ago on the land that he got permission to hunt on, it dose suck that we can only choose one zone tho, so better make it a good choice, i whish you the best of luck and cant wait to hear your storys when we both get back from our trips, as for people says its hard to shoot deer there cuz of the bright colours, thats no issue out there thats when BLINDS come into play
    Hunting is like sex.......size, equipment, and technique are important

Member of: BCWF