Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ground/water swatting?

Re: Ground/water swatting?

Got to thinking about the physics of shotguns and how they apply to this....don't know why, just did....

1. the pattern out of our guns is an infinetly increasing cone, the closer you are the smaller it is. Restated, it's much easier to miss at 5 feet then 25!
    2. almost all shotguns are regulated to shoot above the point of aim (built in compensation), most hunting guns are 60% above point of aim, some 70% hell trap guns can approach 100! So DON"T AIM HIGH! you'll miss. How many people know of a road chickens missed by this technique?
    3. pattern your gun at various distances so you know!
    4. if you can wait for the ducks back to be to you it is the most vulernable kill site and best chance of keeping the meat unaffected...

Add as you wish...

Wow, just got back from Deer huntin and this debate is still brewin. Maybe if Lorne started shootin Win. Expert he wouldn't have so many cripples to dispatch. Don't forget the "Blended for the Win" kills em dead every time! K
    Last edited by f350ps; 11-15-2011 at 05:16 PM.

I like to choot 'em while airborne, for me it's game of pearl harbour. If they land you lose... maybe I'm just weird
    One time somebody asked me "Can I call you a cab?" and I replied "Ya if I can call you an idiot."

I dont think it matters to the duck how it got shot! Its more important not to sky bust than shooting them off the ground/water or jump shooting..... What's the damn point of decoys then??

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Dry gulching? never heard that term so i googled it.. this is what came up. Never really thought of water swatting in this sort of way. You have quite the imagination you little hobbit!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...g&defid=769888
    im suprised no one has commented on this definition yet.... rotfl!
    half the people in this world are below average intelligence