Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting wolves, regulatory requirments, uses etc.

Re: Hunting wolves, regulatory requirments, uses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    On page 18 para #34 of the regs it says black bear meat must come out of the bush with you. Later in the same para it says black bear hide can stay in the bush. Fur bearing animals other than the BB must have hide taken, but don't require meat to be removed. So yes, skin the wolf or coyote, or grizz, but the meat can stay in the bush.
    That paragraph it also includes "edible portions of the four quarters and loins"?

Quote Originally Posted by shaydog65 View Post
    Jamieson. 4500ft up. This was October 2010.

Going hunting?
    Yes - I really would like to get a couple wolf pelt throws. Also I would like to get out next spring and bagging a couple wolves sounds like a good excuse

And thanks, I have only seen wolves around Blue River - so confirming they are around Kamloops cuts down on the travel time

What about that is edible? None!

Quote Originally Posted by shaydog65 View Post
    That paragraph it also includes "edible portions of the four quarters and loins"?
    I belive that is in reference to the part about the black bear
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    I belive that is in reference to the part about the black bear
    You're totally right. After re-reading that paragraph, it's apparent that it is in reference to Black Bear.

"to kill wildlife (with the exception of grizzly bear, cougar or a fur bearing animal other than a black bear) and fail to remove from the carcass the edible portions of the four quarters and loins to the person’s normal dwelling place or to a meat cutter or the owner or operator of a cold storage plant. A person who kills wildlife is exempted from the requirement to remove the edible portions if that person transfers possession of the wildlife to a recipient who complies with the requirement. Edible portions do not include meat that has been damaged and made inedible by the method of taking. Of grizzly bear, cougar or a furbearing animal other than a black bear, the hide must be removed to the person’s normal dwelling place or to a meat cutter, the owner or operator of a cold storage plant or to a taxidermist, tanner or a fur trader. A person who kills wildlife is exempted from the requirement to remove the hide if that person transfers possession of the wildlife to another person who complies with the requirement."

Clear as mud once you read it 10 times.

Thanks to all those who replied today.

Why is canine inedible?

It's not important if canine is edible or inedible. It's the phrasing at the beginning of the paragraph that makes the part about removing edible portions only applicable to Black Bear.

The sentence. "with the exception of grizzly bear, cougar or a fur bearing animal other than a black bear..." is like saying "everything other then black bear is exempt from the following" Later it goes on to say "Of grizzly bear, cougar or a furbearing animal other than a black bear..." Is like saying "everything but black bears is exempt."

At least that is my interpretation which I am reasonably sure of. They could have made it a lot more definitive by rewording it. But I'm not the lawyer in my family (my brother is), and I'm sure it was written like that for a reason.

Dont waste all your good dog meat!!!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...AN-SaGa-pt-III
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

LMAO dude. Awesome story. Gonna have to search the Pt I & II stories