Thread: camo/clothing care

camo/clothing care

well, got an early birthday gift today. Wife bought my some camo gear. Now the hard part will be to keep it clean without smelling like a Gain or Tide rep. I've never owned any camo before nor really had hunting-specific clothing.

I know some hunters will use various urine & other "hunting perfumes". I've seen "scent blocking" sprays & other fabric harming chemical concoctions.

what detergents are you using? Any other tricks I should learn besides reading the tag?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: camo/clothing care

some of the ones at the hunting stores are non-scented, non- uv soaps. Ive always used these and they seem to work. When storing my camo I have a separate rubbermaid that I keep them in away from my other (normally washed) detergent smelling clothes.

I also learned the 1, to keep a day pack on the truck with my camp lothes in it & to change in & out of my gear away from camp. This is so my gear won't smell like beer, smoke, coffee, or bacon. Lol. My father & uncle used to keep clothes line close to the food cache, out of odour & tainting range. Good to let their camo dry over night so it isn't still wet in the morning.

just stay downwind and you have nothing to worry about.lol.

I use Scent Killer Liquid Clothing Wash. It has no scent and no uv brighteners. Regular detergent has brighteners in it that make your clothing bright.
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC

turn them insideout to wash will not fade as much,
    When the sh*t hit's the fan ... You need a Redneck Man ......

A lot of the natural detergents like 7th generation have no UV brighteners and are unscented.