Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Its official new world record

Re: Its official new world record

No pics allowed to anyone til it hits the magazine rack. Everybody has their hands out and their fingers in the pie on this one.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Ya Dana, we don't all know everything about Saskatchewan. My question is if it is over the counter for bowhunting can a non res buy a tag for bow season, as we can in Alberta. Many people who don't bowhunt believe you have to draw in Alberta to hunt mulies and it ain't the case. I know if it is on draw it is residents only, but if not on draw, well, maybe there is a chance... And if you're gonna give me the old "Jeez if you knew anything you'd know that, I wouldn't let a 12 year old cripple shoot that rat on a last day but it looks good for you" crap just save your energy. If you have a polite answer please enlighten us. I do intend to read their regs myself but haven't found that one yet.

Why should I give ya a polite answer when most of the replies in this thread are far from polite. It is alright to attack another DIYer cuss they went and killed an absolute giant and that just ain't fair right? He must have been guided. It must have been behind a high fence. He must have paid a ton of money blah blah blah. Other's can jump and the pulling rumours out of their asses bandwagon, but I have to be polite because bugler says so. Yea right.

Nonresident aliens and non resident Canadians can not hunt muleys in Sask period! You can hunt the dinky dog rat deer but mule deer are for residents only. Is that polite enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by stitch View Post
    Not the same buck Farmer....I watched the episode last night thinking it looked the same but the one you are talking about wasn't in Velvet.....Cody's was...
    My mistake then. They sure look similar with the paddle style drop tines.

Ok Dana, I get the annoyance with the ones who want to put down someone like Robbins because he has better than average success on big critters. People say the same kind of stuff about Chuck Adams when they really know nothing about him or how he has such "luck". But when you appear to be addressing a legitimate question that is asked in good faith I don't really expect a "Well if you knew anything" type of answer. To be fair, I can see now that you were speaking to the negative peanut gallery out there and not necessarily answering my query.

Still, a little humility wouldn't hurt.

Awsome Buck.
    Last edited by Walking Buffalo; 11-10-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Humility eh? How doesn't that play into this thread? If you want to jump on me for the way I address the peanut gallery, then why don't you do the same for them? Cause it ain't humility they have issues with, it is instead JEALOUSY. I really get a kick out the internet police that are currently on this site. It is alright for numerous members to bash someone and the way they hunt, but it isn't alright for someone to call them on it. To do so is considered being Rude and it is that member that needs to be confronted. Interesting hypocrisy isn't it?

Asking if it was guided is a valid question...Lot's of hunting TV show guys are on guided hunts, and not everyone on HBC are aware of Sask hunting regulations. Cody seems to be the exception rather than the norm in TV shows as I don't think I've seen him guided on his show, although I haven't seen all his shows.

They are simple questions, no need to make any of it into a huge deal........
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Cody has had a few episodes where he's been guided....a goat hunt here in BC for one.

The big difference to me is that he is an exceptional hunter that is sometimes guided because logistically he needs to(ie BC mountain goat). Alot of other hunting guys on the tube, are pretty much useless hunters IMHO.

Cody gets it done. He deserves that buck!
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..." Jose Ortega y Gasset