Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Its official new world record

Re: Its official new world record

Quote Originally Posted by pete_k View Post
    Because it is in velvet it will never be allowed to be a record against non-velvet racks, even if it scores bigger.
    So it's a world record Velvet buck and that's all it will ever be.
    Bit of a hijack... is a buck in velvet even a "buck" by our BC definitions? No visible bone...

You're right, reach. In BC he would have to cut his antlerless tag.

Or maybe not..

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I agree with Elkaholic,

Sure some of these Tv people kill some huge animals across the globe and some do come easy, If you know Cody, and know his love for two things, bow hunting and mule deer, he puts his time in !!!! In a big way and always has even when he worked with Shockey, these guys scout all year round , have tons of trail cameras, roll hours of film and photos in the off season, and pick up sheds all year, Honestly it happened to a good guy ! That deserves it !

Its far better than some yankee coming up and paying 10 grand for a guided hunt and now gets to claim a world record out of it, Im happy that a canuck killed it in his back yard.
    Mega congrads to him!!!

Too often these whopper bucks get shot by road hunters or clients!!

I for one am very happy to hear this, its nice to see a guy that works his ass off for years with a passion, finally succeed!!!!
    Maybe my turn will come some day, and it will all be worth the effort!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
    booyah...I wonder who found it for him?
    Well that did not take long for the doubters to come out...next the bashing.

Why can't everyone just be happy for the guy ?
    It is how he now make his living, hunting & videoing.
    He worked long and hard for Jim Shockey and has done well on his own.
    Give the guy a break !!!
    If you shot a huge buck and posted it on HBC would you like it if we all said it was shot at night or behind a fence with a sign "No Hunting".
    Think...then speak !
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Wow! How come that every time a hunter posts a picture of a big animal taken or there is a report of a trophy people come out of the woodwork wondering if it had been, "fair chase", "ethical", "guided", the "easy way" or "hard way". Who cares as long as it is legal. I said it before, hunting is to each what he/she wants it to be and not to keep up to someones standard and expectations.

I know Cody, he is a good hunter and deserves that success, and so does everybody else who takes the animal of their dreams regardless of how they got it, as long it was legal.

Congratulations Cody, looking forward to see the footage in a upcoming TV show.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Frankly speaking....it was shot in velvet it should stay in velvet, stripping the velvet off and scoring it as a hard bone buck should not be an option.
    Muley bucks change thier habits later in the season. It was an early season buck it should be scored that way. Congrats to Cody, for keeping his sh*t together and loosing an arrow on the prize when it counted. That buck would have heard my heart beating if I was drawing on him.

Muleys do change their habits later in the season. The rut comes on and they get dumber!! Yeesh. If he wants the record he can strip the velvet, but it will lose a little bit on the circumferences if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by bugler View Post
    Muleys do change their habits later in the season. The rut comes on and they get dumber!! Yeesh. If he wants the record he can strip the velvet, but it will lose a little bit on the circumferences if he does.
    Actually, in my experience when they change from the solotairy bachelor into the bar fly they may get stupid but their girlfriends give me up 99% of the time and I have a hell of a time getting into bow range.

I have to agree with Mountain man. Although I am super jealous because he gets to hunt for a living, it doesn't change the fact that he is a good Canadian that has put in his time. Way better we all will be able to watch this on a show someday then some guy driving by in a Truck and happens to get lucky.

Congratulations Cody and can't wait to see his video. If his career didn't take off yet it's about to get real busy. And Saskatchewan hunting regulations will be changing because every hunter in the world is going to want to hunt in Saskatchewan.

Note to self Must hunt Sask.