Thread: fraser river tide shedules

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Question fraser river tide shedules

I know the tides upstream on the Fraser River are notorious to predict as there are many influencing factors such as barometer, water flow, and wind direction and strength, but does anyone know where to obtain a monthly guide for the Mission gauge area? I've tried to work it out using the tide charts for the coast but can't get a reliable pattern.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: fraser river tide shedules

do you have an iphone or an android phone? there is an app that its just called "Tide Prediction" on android but it shows all the current tides and predicted tides at all the tide stations.

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

If it's for stugeon fishing at hatzic then we figured it was about 1 hour after what the news paper said....???
    The thread stopper!

Or you can do like the rest of us do and get out there at first light and fish to dusk...... definitely will hit a couple of tides......

Mike..... misses dino hunting during animal season!

In my non expert opinion derby reach about 3.5 - 4hrs behind and the mouth of the vedder about 5-6 hours behind the point atkinson tide chart. I have not found a chart for non tidal fraser though I havent really looked too hard, hopefully you can gauge the area you're fishing on that.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

There was a very low tide this morning which first started to re-build just after 11am. In the Province newspaper, Vancouver tides peaked at 11:46 am. I know that abnormally low tides re-build faster and sooner than normal tides up river, but something doesn't make sense to me. I also know there's about 3/4 hr. difference a day, so to-morrows low tide should first begin to re-build at approx. 11:50 am.....we'll see....