Thread: Homemade robo duck decoy!

Homemade robo duck decoy!

So before ordering one, i decided to try to make one!
    found everything at the dollar store, a couple of little fan motors (AA), glue gun, some wooden skewers, and a mallard deek which I got from Ian! (thanks). Took me about 5 hours to figure it out and put it together. the fan motor isn't that powerful and for that reason the wings don't spin fast as a mojo but i think they just might spin fast enough to be able to bring a mallard in for me! Will try to take and test it this weekend. If it works then great, i will develop it more and put a powerful motor in, if it doesn't work then no regrets, it was a fun project and cost me under $10.

Ali

"I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Homemade robo duck decoy!

nothing worng with that man. You are a true watefowler when you start putting shit together!

waterproof the motors.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

that's kewl.
    If nothing els the winduck's look pretty kewl. I have a set of the winduck snows and the wings move really easy. I found that it best to spray them with oil or something for the best results.

I made the wings out of paper and then laminated. so they are waterproof, and has a bit of shine from the plastic!
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

Take some of the orange bedspread and make some dangling orange feet. Just cut it from the side against the wall, Mrs. won't even notice.

cwf
    'try not, do or do not, there is no try'-YODA

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/UT71m7.png

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/Tx3Zm7.png

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit's Master View Post
    Take some of the orange bedspread and make some dangling orange feet. Just cut it from the side against the wall, Mrs. won't even notice.

cwf
    Lol Luckily i do not have one!
    and you might be able to fool your mrs that way but you can't fool your mom! lol